chapter twenty five

Someone's POV

"He is crashing! Can I get a crash cart? Now! Charge to two hundred and forty. Clear. DAMN IT! Charge to three hundred.. Clear. I got a pulse. He needs to go to an OR. Someone give me an update on miss Anderson." I said while.

"She is stable, minor concussion to the head. I will order a CT scan and call neuro if something comes up. Other than that she is fine."

"Thank you doctor Stevens. Which OR is available? We need to go now, his heart will not last." I said.

"OR2 is available doctor Avery. They preparing it now." One of the nurse's said.

"Thank you. We need to move people!" I said. We ran to the OR with the patient in his bed. When we got to the OR the scrub nurse's took him in while I scrub in. When I was done I dried my hands, the helped me with my gown and gloves. I went over to my patient and stood before him.

'  Dear god, help me save this boy, please grant that his heart is not too far gone. Amen."

"Scalpel." I took it and I cut in the middle of his chest.  His heart is weak, vey week. I did what I had to do and his heart was still not improving.

"We have a bleeder, suction. More suction. There is a tear in his heart. I need to fix that. I need more suction there is to much blood... He is crashing. Crash cart now! Charge to ten. Clear. Still nothing. Charge to twenty. Still nothing. Starting cardio massage." I was massaging his heart, massaging and massaging. Still nothing.

"Lets charhe again to twenty. Clear.. DAMN IT!! Charge to thirty. Clear. DAMN IT. Time of death 23:57. Close him up." I said and walked out. I ripped my gown and gloves off and scrubbed out.

I need to find this boys parents.

"Jackson. You look pissed off. What is wrong." Callie asked.

"I lost my patient, he is eighteen or nineteen years old. I need to phone his parents and tell them that their sons heart was too weak for the operation, too weak to br living, to week to be alive, I have to break a parents heart and tell them their son is dead." I told her. "Where is my patient chart? Mr Styles and how is Miss Anderson? Is she awake?" I asked.

"Styles! What is his name?" Callie freaked out.

"Let me check, it is Harry. Harry styles." I told her.

"Don't you dare! How could you! How could you kill my son!  How could you! Where is he! Doctor Avery! Where is my son!!!" Callie yelled.

"I had no idea he was your son. His heart would have given in even if I did not do the operation. His heart was just to week. I am sorry. Go to OR2 , they closing him up." She ran to the OR. I had no idea that was her son.

"Doctor Avery Miss Anderson is awake, she want to know how Mr Styles is doing."

"Okay I will be there soon." I walked down to the out patients room to check on Miss Anderson.

"Hi I am doctor Avery. I am going to check your vitals and make sure everything is okay." I told her.

"I am fine. Where is Harry? I need to see him." She said. I hate my job. I hate it so much.

"Uhm I have some bad news. Harry did not make it, I am so sorry for your loss. His heart was just too weak."

"No! It cannot be! He is alive! Where is he? I want to see him now!" She screamed.

"I am so sorry for your loss. You should call your parents."

"My mother is head of neuro at this hospital. Please call her." She said. I had one of the nurse's page her and I left. This has been a terrible day.

VOTE AND COMMENT