A Bad Ex

Miranda's pov

We pull up in front of Luke's house and he and Andrew are out in the yard tossing the ball. Andrew's big green eyes go wide when he sees us pull up. "Mom! Dad!" He gasps, running to us. I smile and hug him but he's shaking, making the smile fade. "Luke, what happened?" I ask, picking him up as he clings to me. Jason walks around equally confused. "Well," Luke starts, walking over. "Well what?" Jason asks. "Claire sorta came by during the night last night and it sorta shook him up." "Why didn't you call us?" Jason cries, taking him. "You would be back and I'd tell ya then." He says, shrugging. "What'd she do?" I ask, petting my son's hair down. He stuffs his hands in his pockets. "It was weird. I walk in his room. She's whispering to him and patting his head. He's staring at her terrified. I make her leave but the poor kid was already freaked. Since that's the chick that tried to take his daddy away." Jason looks away. But he looks pissed. He stomps to the truck. "Where ya goin'?" I call as he opens the door. "To tell that damn bitch to keep her hands away from my son!" He is beyond pissed.

Jason's pov

I'm so mad. I can't believe she'd come near him. I park in front of her house. My old house. When I lived here. With Claire. I shake off the bad memories and walk up to the door, the November wind tugging at me. Before I even knock she swings the door open, standing there looking furious. Probably just as mad as me. "You stay the hell away from my family." I growl. "Shut the fuck up, Jason. You can't stop me from doing anything. You'll rue the day you left me for that.... That..... Fucking bitch. You'll wish you were dead!" She shouts back, shoving me off the step. I trip and land on my back, fuming. "Smart. Stay down cowboy." I clench my fists, wishing just once I could hit a girl. I won't hit her. I stand up and lightning quick grab her shoulder, turning her around. "Don't come anywhere near them. Or I will make you regret ever meeting me." She swats my hand off. "I already do asshole." She slams the door in my face. Bitch. I don't know what I ever saw in her. She's nothing compared to the girl from back home. I get back in my truck and drive home. Andrew is asleep on Miranda's lap. "Took care of it?" She asks, patting his head. I nod and sit next to them. If she comes around these parts, I'll get rid of her. "I wish life was easier. This stinks." I shake my head. "No it don't. I have you and Andrew. That's all that matters to me." I say, kissing her. "I'm glad we're together again." She whispers laying her head on my shoulder. "Me too." I say. I take Andrew to his room and come back out. She lays against my chest and I rub her back. "I promise I won't let nothin' hurt you or Andrew. I'll keep y'all safe or die trying." "Jason, will life ever go back to normal?" She whispers, her fingers twisting in my shirt. I fight back the tears. "Of course baby." I say, kissing her head. "Come on let's go to bed."

*later that night*

I feel like someone is watching me. I sit up being careful not to wake my wife. It's pitch black. The ceiling fan turning is all I hear. A soft clicking sound. I turn it off and listen closely. "I already regretted meeting you." I hear whispered behind me. I spin around. "Claire! Get out!" I whisper yell. "Behind you." She whispers. I turn back around. Then I feel a knife stabbed into my damn back!

*he wakes up*

I shoot up back in bed, sweating from that very vivid very real nightmare. I listen for anything but all I hear is that damn ceiling fan again. I turn it off again so I can hear. But all is silent then the lamp flashes on making me scream in surprise. "Jason? What's going on?" Miranda cries, caught off guard from my scream. I swallow the lump in my throat. "I.... Uh... Nothin'.... Just a bad dream getting to me." I murmur, turning the fan on again and laying back down, shakily. She turns the light off and I close my eyes. Five seconds later, I feel a hand grip my shirt..... From the left?! Miranda is on my right!! "Boo." I hear Claire whisper.