Chapter One

Okay, I understood what she wasnted to do, but the LAST thing I needed was one of Hailey\'s "GNO"'s. All it was, was she gathered up all of our best friends, that were girls, like Amy, Melody, and Jamie, and we went partying around a bunch of random, drunk guys whenever one of us broke up with our boyfriends. 

     And now, lucky me, my boyfriend of four months, Matt, had broken up with me for some bimbo named Kelsey. But I mean, what could I do? I knew I was a grouch and complained about everything. He was bound to break up with me sooner or later. It\'s not like I was all heartbroken and depressed. 

     "Eiieeee! Tina, let me do your hair!" Hailey squealed, pulling out loads of hairspray, and mechanical objects that made my plain old straightener look like a trailer park next to a palace. 

     "Uhm, no, I'd rather not," I said, raising an eyebrow at her. "And my name is CHRIStina. Not 'Tina'." Her face fell, but then lit back up.  

     "You're just being stubborn. Come on, it'll be fun," she promised, pulling my wrist to her giant vanity.  

     "Ooh, I want to help!" Jamie and Melody yelled in unison. I rolled my eyes and plopped in the chair, completely defenseless. 

     "Amy, are you not going to try to stop them?" I asked nervously as they eyed me suspiciously. 

     "I want to do her makeup!" She screamed, then ran up towards the front of me. 

     I rolled my eyes, knowing that I had been defeated. Betrayed, by my best friends.  

     For the next hour, they "dolled me up" making me look like some kind of "fairy tale princess" that they pulled out of, I guessed, a story where the princess was trashy and had several thousand boyfriends, and maybe a few dozen girlfriends. 

     "Err. Am I supposed to look like I was just pulled out of 'Stripper Weekly' ?" I asked, looking at myself. They had put me in some booty shorts and a plain black tube top. I didn't even know that Hailey owned these kind of clothes. She ususally just wore things like jeans and cute t-shirts and the occasional skirt with an adorable tank-top. But this was just out of the question. 

     "Maybe a little bit. But don\'t worry, it won't kill you for one night," Hailey said gleefully, popping up beside me.  

     Easy for her to say. She was wearing reasonably-length shorts and an adorable tank-top with cute cow-boy boots.  

     "No, no, no, no. I think I\'ll just pick out my outfit." I immediately started looking for a nice pair of colorful skinny jeans, which I rarely wore, and a cute shirt. When I found a pair of black skinny jeans,I put on a white v-neck long-sleeve shirt with some plain white snow boots. 

     They all looked me over, then Jamie sighed.  

     "You look kind of boring, but whatever makes you happy. Come on, I think the club's about to stop letting people in," she said, then started to pull me by my wrist. I groaned in distaste, but they didn't seem to mind the fact that I abosolutely hated them at this moment. If I was supposed to be heart broken and pissed off at every single guy on the face of the planet, then shouldn't we be sitting in Melody's basement, which was the largest, with tubs of ice cream and a bajillion sad, romantic chick-flicks? 

     I suppose not.

     We all piled up into Amy's car, then sped off to wherever they decided my fate would land tonight.

                                                  --------------------------------------------------