music.

"What does he kiss like?"

The tall ginger sat on the edge of my kitchen counter. She had stayed at my apartment last night because her brother had annoyed her. In her eighteen years of living, she had learnt that it was best just to get out of these situations. Though she was very thin, she was extremely strong. She could beat her brother senseless if she wanted to.

A small sigh escaped my lips. "Mel, he kissed my cheek and that was it."

Her bottom lip poked out, "Doesn't that lead to at least a make out session? And he gave you his jacket, definitely the way to get heated without seeming desperate."

"We're going to be late."

"It's only college. Oh, wait, you want to see Harry again!"

I felt my cheeks glow red. It was true, I wanted to see Harry. I was intrigued by him, fascinated. I don't know what it was about him, but he was appealing in some sort of way. "I need to give him his jacket back." I mumbled to her.

She let out an airy laugh, "You're full of bullshit, you just want to see him again." She gently nudged me.

My hands reached for my keys, ignoring the red head as I fumbled for the right key. "You coming?"

"Do you think he's cute?"

I locked up the door of my apartment as she walked out, shrugging my shoulders. "I guess. Do you have any spare change for the vending machine?"

Mel dug in her hands into her pockets and pulled out two, one pound coins. "The vending machines are useless, you're best off just nipping onto McDonald's quickly."

Pulling up the sleeve of my sweater, I checked the watch that was perched on my wrist. "As I said, we're going to be late." I whipped around and quickly stalked to my car.

The car ride consisted of me and Melissa screaming songs at the top of our lungs. She liked acoustic performances and I liked alternative music, but we both found it hilarious to belt out radio trash on the way to school.

We pulled up towards the building. It was fairly small- only being a sixth form. It's just like an ordinary school building filled with 200 rowdy young adults and a couple of sixth formers who decided to skip the last years at their secondary school. I'm in my second year here, taking a course in music, art and history.

Mel let out a loud sigh. "You have arrived at your destination: hell." She's a fashion student, taking minors in history and theatre studies. She said this phrase once a week, every Monday. She made it clear that this was her worst day out of the week: a two hour theatre studies class followed by a two hour history class and an hour of textiles after that. I, on the other hand, loved Mondays. I only had history. I usually went to the common room and hung around with other people before attending lessons.

"See you later." We parted ways at the door. She was almost late for her first class. I slowly made my way to the vending machine, plugging in my earphones as I walked.

"Why?" I grumbled loudly, frustrated. My pockets were empty, the vending machine taking the last of my change. Nothing was at the bottom of the machine, despite the money that I had put in. My stomach growled, aching in hunger. I knew I should have eaten at home. My hands shook the glass before giving one last, unsatisfied grunt.

"Steady, love."

A deep, raspy, calming voice. As I turn around, I find myself face to face with Harry. He looked more presentable than what I usually had seen him. He traded his rugby t-shirt for a denim button down shirt, the first few buttons undone, revealing the edges of his sparrow tattoos. He had tight black jeans and a fedora places upon his mane of curls. I pulled out both of my earphones, "Oh, hey. I have your hoodie in my car if you want it back,"