District 12

I looked into the eyes of my reflection on my mirror. I tried to recite my speech off by heart. My fist clenched as I forgot the first sentence, and Katniss and Peeta staring at me from a distance didnt relieve any stress at all. I looked at my script one more time and tried to relax. My Casio said half past 11, and this worried me even more. It was the first rememberence ceremony; how could I mess it up by forgetting what i prepared to say? Haymitch came and jokingly punched my arm.
"You know what Plutarch?" He said, "the best speeches come from the heart and not from the hand. Miss Everdeen learnt that the hard way."
That made no sense whatsoever. Maybe he just had too much Grey Goose. The door knocked, and a peace keeper walked in and nodded at us.
My heart raced. I didn't know what I was going to say. It was 5 to 12, and i fixed my bow tie which looked like a mess, and the gates opened for me to walk on the podium.

The crowds looked at me in the eye. I glanced at Haymitch, who simply nodded.
"We are gathered here to commemorate the brave young tributes, who unfortunately, lost their lives in the Hunger Games. However, we must all stay strong and know that our youth will no longer have to face the Hunger Games, thanks to a group of heroes who took it on themselves to bring peace to Panem"

I went along to name some of the heroic youths who featured in the Hunger Games, and my past experiences before going off and letting Katniss on the middle of the stage. The people of 12 raised three fingers up to show appreciation.

Katniss' speech was very emotional and bought a tear to my eyes, along with other devestated citizens. It was much better than mine.

All if a sudden, three aircrafts flew over the crowds, catching their attentions. It dropped mines similar to those Gale let loose in the Capitol. It took everyone a few moments to realise what was going on, but as the first mine exploded, crowds rushed outside the square. A team of peace keepers ran to take me and my team to safety. We couldn't believe our eyes. Hundreds of people were already dead as others fled to the forest. We thought peace was found throughout Panem, but we were obviously wrong.