Encounter with the Devil

Those of you who are from India may know that there are people and families as a whole which have practised sorcery and black magic for generations. We have associated the name Tantrik with them. Well I have had the good fortune to belong to one such family. People often misinterpret our art for BLACK MAGIC. Let me inform you that black magic term should only be associated only if the work is done to harm others. Our family have not done any work to harm others. My grandfather excelled at the art at his time. He even used to own two Jinns. This incident occured when I was seventeen years old. My experience in this art had already risen to a great extent. One day while searching for a thing in the attic I stumbled upon a diary which belonged to my grandfather. On examining it I found that it had certain chants and incantations which I immediately understood to be of immense power. One of this fascinated me the most. It was an incantation to call upon Yamraj, or the Devil. It said that if you could please Him, he would bestow you with immense power. I made up my mind to perform the ritual. However, on that very night, I had a dream in which my grandfather warned me not to venture so much at such a young age. But I ignored the warning and continued with my task. The prayer required many preparations and the actual work was to be performed from midnight until 3:30am for twenty one nights. I wholeheartedly did the task. Now, let me tell you that I had never mentioned this to my father who himself is a powerful tantrik and would have never allowed me to do this. And as we live in seperate floors, he never had the slightest hint. On the twenty first night, it was raining heavily. I started my prayers at midnight. At around 2am, I was disturbed from my meditations by an audible knock outside my door. The knocking continued to last for around 2 minutes. I ignored it and continued my chantings thinking that maybe sombody wanted to spoil my work. Suddenly and without any warning, the door was blasted apart from the hinges. I threw the holy water towards the door upon which there was a loud scream and I thought things had subsided. But in an instant, all the candles were blown out and a musty smell engulfed the room. I fainted at this point. When I woke up, I saw my father at my bedside. When I confided in him, he became angry. Then he said that he could not sleep because of the heavy rain when he felt an immensely strong aura in the vicinity but had not guessed anything. When he heard the sound of the door collapsing and the loud inhuman scream, he had rushed up and found me fainted. He could also feel the smell that represented the death but nothing was present and the aura had fainted. He also said that my grandfather had met his end while performing the same ritual. I was shocked as hell and immediately realised how lucky I was to have escaped unharmed. Even today, I cannot understand whether it was the Devil that had blasted my door that day, or was it the spirit of my grandfather who spoiled the ritual beforehand so that I would not suffer the same fate as him. What do you think?