Chapter 3

My eyes opened slightly, just enough so that I could see I was in a forest. Groaning, I rolled onto my side and lifted myself up with one arm. Searching for that would show me where I was, I found nothing but a crest of some sort. It was a bear with a dagger. Strange, I thought to myself, what could this mean?

Picking myself up off the ground, I started to walk in one direction only fall flat on my face. "What the...?" I muttered, looking down at my dress attire. I wore a long, black silk dress with very detailed designs with boots that had heels on them. I reached up to my hair to find that it was in an intricate knot with braids and curls.

“What?" I whispered, my mind reeling to find a solution to this.  While in the middle of my meltdown, I heard a branch snap not too far away. Spinning on my heels, my eyes darted around the forest, looking for the...thing that was out here.

"Hello?" I called. 

Stupid stupid stupid! That’s how everyone dies in horror movies smart one.  Backing up away from where the sound came I turned around to go only to run smack into a toned chest. 

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry didn't see you there." Wow, deja vu much?

"It's okay; I think it was slightly my fault. I'll take you back to the castle, princess, you must be starving. I'll make sure that your maids start your bath for you." Putting his hand on the small of my back he led me to his horse where he helped me up, got on behind me and we rode through the forest. When we reached road, talking was now a choice since the shock was gone.

“So, who are you?” I asked my strange hero.

“I’m your personal guard. You’ve been gone for a week or so, so I was sent out to find you since I’m the best tracker there is in the kingdom.”

“Right…and your name is?”

“Alexzander Hood, my lady. We’ve known each other since we were young.”

I pondered this for the rest of the ride to the so called ‘kingdom’ that I belonged to as he steered the giant horse through the lower village and the into the city walls. A man and a woman came running down the steps dressed in brighter colors than I, with crowns upon their heads and smiles on their faces.

“Evangeline!” They called in unison. Men stopped the horse by pulling on the reins of the horse while the man who called my name came to the horse’s side. Helping me down, he immediately pulled me into a hug. “Oh, how I’ve missed you.”

“Darling, the woman said, “don’t you ever do that to us again.” She stood beside the man with her hands clasped together as she waited for her turn to take a hug.

“My queen, the princess’s maids should ready a bath for her. I found her lying on the ground in the forest close by here,” Alexzander said as he got off the horse.

“Oh yes, of course.” She scurried off up the stairs and into the palace.

“Good job lad, I’m grateful to have you here with us.” The men grabbed each others forearms in such a manner that it told me they were exchanging gratitude.

“It is my pleasure to work for you, my lord.” Alexzander bowed and then rose back up. “I should go and see my mother; she must be worried that I have not returned to her yet.”

“Yes, yes, of course.” The man put his hand on my back, just like Alexzander had before and led me up the stairs. As we were walking, he told me what had happened while I was away and what I should do when I feel better. In the midst of all the talking, he brought up the ball that I was at before I went missing along with a couple of my friends.

“Friends?”

“Yes dear, your friends Nikkita, Eliot, Sebastian and Lucinda. You know the vampire, werewolf, warlock and the witch.”

I froze at the words he had just uttered. “They exist here?”

“Well, of course,” he chuckled at me. “They have lived for as long as we have, even longer if I recall. But let’s get you to your room so we can get you cleaned up. Maybe after that we can go pay a visit to Gastro if it's not too late in the evening.”

“Gastro, who is he?” I asked him as he yet again ushered me up stairs.

“He’s our royal physician darling; he’s been there for us whenever we needed him most. Maybe he can tell us why you aren’t remembering anything.” He looked straight ahead then, obviously not wanting to talk. When we reached a delicately carved wooden door I stepped closer to look at it. Reaching my hand up, I traced the design of a girl under an apple tree, holding one in her hand towards the tree. It was the most detailed and amazing thing I had ever seen in my life.

“This is beautiful,” I whispered in awe.

“That’s what you said when you first saw it as a little girl. You said that you must have it and since then, you’ve been buying the man’s carvings.” I opened the door to find wooden carvings around the room everywhere. Some little pictures that hung on the walls, others wooden statues in a range of sizes but the one that was truly amazing was the carving that was around the bed posts.

A dragon wrapped around one pole, its scales all carved in such a way that made it look like it was moving. At the bottom of the pole, a longer piece of wood had the carving of a village below the dragon. On the far left side of the wooden piece was a mountain that held a warrior ready to slay the dragon. It was amazing how each and everything was carved to look at though it was moving.

“Fascinating,” I said.

Chuckling, he lead me to the far side of the room where two women who were dressed in clothes that looked like they had been worn too much. Even though they needed new clothes, they had smiles upon their faces and they looked like they were about to cry.

“Oh, I’m so glad Alexzander found you my lady,” the one on the right said.

“It brings us joy to see you safe again,” the other one said.

“That’s very kind of you lady’s,” the king said. “I hope that you girls haven’t gotten rusty at your job while she was away.”

“Oh no, my lord,” they said together.

“Good,” he beamed, “because I would like you to get Evangeline cleaned up and do whatever she likes. If she falls asleep, which is fine, then come tell me once she has settled in.” Turning towards me, he kissed my temple and left the room, leaving me and the two girls who were curtsying behind him.

The girls helped me underdress myself, undid my hair and helped me into the bath. The scrubbed my body of dirt and cleaned my hair of twigs and leaves that were stuck in my hair. After the bath they helped me into a lose dress that I could sleep in or walk around in and not look improper that I would be sent back here to change. “Girls,” I said, “if it is alright with you I would like to get some sleep.”

“Of course, my lady,” they said. Is there a twin telepathy thing going on here at the castle? They un-tucked my bed sheets and left me to sleep until dinner would be called. When they left the room, I crawled into bed and let my eyes fall shut, hoping that when I woke up in this place, I would be home. 

__________

Welcome and Good-bye to the first dream Eva has! 

When the next dream come (I'll make sure to tell you guys when that is) the rest of the story will only be visible for FOLLOWERS. Maybe... I'll have to think about that some more. 

BUT ANYWAY, hope you guys like everything so far! Don't forget to VOTE if you liked it and follow if you really liked it.

-AW <3