Chapter Two~ The Dawn.

Alecia's PoV.

There was food. And hugs. And kisses and laughter. My grandmother didn't change at all.

After her greeting, she realized we didn't have the car with us. After I explained to her she laughed and the three of us went and drove back, singing to aunt Jessica's random pop songs.

After our meal, they both showed me around the house. It was modest, with subtle colors and decor.

We spent the afternoon unpacking everything and setting up my new room. I had to admit, it was awesome.

Around 4 pm, aunt Jessica had to leave, it was a long drive back to the city and neither grandma nor I wanted her driving in the night. Even when she argued her eye sight was excellent.

Aunt Jessica and I were never sappy. It wasn't goodbye for us anyway, it was a 'see you later'.

After she left I followed my grandmother into the kitchen where she busied herself at the sink.

Admittedly, Theresa Bloom didn't look her age. If not for the grey streaks of hair, many people wouldn't know she was 56. She had on a beautiful blue dress that went down her body like a waterfall; her dark hair was gathered into a bun held in place by a butterfly clip studded with sapphires. Her bracelet was a work of art. The band was silver with patterns of flowers. The charms that dangled were of various animals and birds.

Grandma seemed to love nature and she passed that love into her daughter. Aunt Jessica loves animals and plants. I wonder if my mother liked nature too.

"Ally," my grandmother said, "you should get some sleep. You've had a long day."

"I am tired..." I said through a yawn.

I went up to my room and without changing, dumped myself on the bed and felt my consciousness drifting away.

Last thing I recalled was a faint 'I love you' and the soft click of a gingerly closed door.

The gold light behind my eyelids woke me up. I crawled out of bed and looked through the window.

The dark trees were surrounded with the light of dawn.

It was warm.

I was warm.

A bird perched on my window and sang to me.

I was home.

~KimZee ✨💜✨