Chapter Three~ Reflection.

Alecia's PoV.

"Ally, mushrooms are not toad stools." Grandma said as we sat in her back yard.

I shook my head.

"You don't know that." I argued poking the mushroom closest to me. "Remember grandma, everything you don't know is older than you."

Grandma chuckled and raised her eyebrow.

"And the things I do know?"

I shrugged. "I guess they are old like you."

Grandma placed her hands over her heart.

"Ally, you wound me." She said with mock hurt.

I threw my arms up. "First aunt Jess now you," I said giving her a sideways look, "you too make my words seem like a knife or something."

"I'm just teasing you little lion." She pinched my cheek. "I'm going to start dinner. Enjoy the scenery Ally."

I watched her walk towards the house and disappeared inside.

I will enjoy the scenery.

Grandma's back yard was like a mini forest made into a jagged semi circle. Flowers dotted the ground, carnations, marigolds, tulips and hydrangeas. There was a fountain at the right, close to the willow tree.

I got up and walked over to it, I didn't notice it earlier. The fountain was carved out of white stone. At the center, was a bird frozen in flight with obsidian eyes, mouth open as water rushed out and pooled at the bottom.

The water was obscured by lilies. I pushed some away to look at my reflection.

There was something different about me. My skin looked healthier and my face didn't look drawn or tired. I leaned in and took a closer look. The water rippled and I saw the faint glowing outline of a lioness around my face.

I gasped and jumped back.

"What in the world...?" I whispered to myself.

I took a deep breath and looked at the water again.

Me. Just me.

"That was weird." I turned away and went to sit on the bench under the willow tree.

I placed my palm on the stone seat and my fingers came in contact with the faint traces of what seemed to be a carving.

I brushed a few leaves away and was graced with the bold outline of a lion. It's obsidian eyes gleaming.

~KimZee ✨💜✨