My Life as a not so Normal Teenage Vampire

My Life as a not so Normal Teenage Vampire – Chapter 1

I hear beeping and I automatically know it\'s time for me wake up. Whoever said that kids needed to go to school, hates me. My eyes do not want to open, but yet, they do. I find myself getting out of bed and going to the restroom. When I\'m done peeing, I look at my reflection and am pretty pleased with what I see. My eyes are a nice chocolate brown, with huge heavy lashes framing them. My nose is okay, but is only slightly crooked, I have nicely tanned skin with waist length dark brown hair. Oh yeah, and I\'m a vampire.

I know what you’re thinking and all that you hear about vampire\'s is not true, except about the whole blood-drinking thing. I\'m not super pale, I love the sun, and I eat spaghetti with garlic all the time. Us vampire\'s live fairly normal. Which means I have to go to school!

\"Are you ready yet, Skylur?!\" My mom yells at me from downstairs.

\"Oh my gosh mom, chill. It\'s just school. They\'re not gonna freak if I\'m like five minutes late!\"

\"Yeah, but I do! So hurry up!\" My mom replies. She is actually really lenient. Except when it comes to school, then she freaks out about it. So I try and do my best to hurry up.

I run downstairs to greet my mother, kiss her on the cheek and  then she wishes me to have a good day at school.

After I\'m out of the house, I drive over to go pick up my bestfriend Abigail, in my cute little Nissan Altima. She\'s a vampire too, which is absolutely amazing that we found each other, because if she weren\'t a vampire too, then I\'d have to keep a lot of secrets from her! She\'s actually almost as pretty as me, (not to be cocky or anything)  - she has bright orange hair in massive curls that just hang on her face. She\'s really short and tiny, but she has a major inyourface attitude, and can be extremely crude sometimes. I absolutely love her. She opens the door and slides in to the passenger seat and says…

\"Dang, you look super pretty, you’re having like a really good day today, huh?\" She asks me.

\"Yeah, I guess I am. So are you excited for this year, or what?!\" I exclaim.

\"Fuck yeah, I am! Hmm, as soon as I get there, I\'m planning on flirting with anything that’s male! Besides….. I\'m hungry.\" She winks at me and flicks out her fangs.

\"You’re so bad! You just use those boys so you can sink your teeth in them! Ha, but I\'m planning on doing the exact same thing, so I can’t complain. We are juniors after all.\" I say playfully.

We finally get to school and everybody\'s going wild finding and comparing their schedules. Me and Abi get our schedules and realize we have no classes together.

\"Well… this sucks.\" I comment.

\"Yeah, for sure. Well at least it\'ll keep us from not flirting with same boys… remember what happened last year?\" She asks worriedly.

Last year, her and I practically fought over this one jerkoff who played us! He flirted with both of us, and told us that it was all a game just to see if he could get us both. It’s a total black mark in our relationship and it completely hurt us when we found out. This is why we refuse to trust anyone anymore and prefer to be single, so we can do whatever we want.

\"Okay, well I\'m gonna head of to first period, catch ya at lunch!\" She yells as she walks off. I find myself heading to my first period as well when I feel fingers pulling me at my waist and turning me around. I look up to find myself face to face with John. John is this really cute boy who I\'ve known since I was five. We always mess around but never get into anything too serious.

\"Well don\'t you look cute Skylur…. Aren\'t you gonna give me a hug?\" He asks provocatively.

\"Well I would, but that would require touching you.\" I say sarcastically. He laughs and pulls me into his arms. He smells great, and I almost want

to take a bite of him right then and there. One of the reasons me and him mess around a lot is because he\'s one of the few humans here that actually knows about vampires, and he\'s what Abi and I like to call a donator. He freely lets me use him for blood. Now we don\'t have to be sexual, but for me and him, it just comes naturally that we. We really do have great chemistry.

\"C\'mon Sky. You know you missed me.\" He kisses me on the nose. I respond by kissing him on the lips and grabbing his package simultaneously. I don\'t like being subtle and he knows it.

\"No John, I know you’ve missed ME.\" I say and laugh at him when his jaw drops, but he recovers nicely with a smile.

He changes the subject by saying, \"So what do you have first?\"

“I have pre-Cal. You?\"

\"Same, can I walk you to class?\" He asks and grins at me while taking a hold of my hand before I can say anything. As we’re walking down the hall, I see tons of boys staring with curious glances. So I yell \"WE ARE NOT TOGETHER! JUST TWO FRIENDS HOLDING HANDS!\" John and I start laughing when we see all the boys blow a sigh of relief, and honestly.. it makes me feel great. We get to the classroom and John has to sit in the front, while I take a seat in the back. The bell rings and everyone starts walking in. All the teenage scents hit me like a boom. I can handle it, but it\'s still uncomfortable. I bring my head up from my desk to see that I\'m surrounded by boys, and I can\'t help but smile at the thought. I feel a tug on my hair and automatically turn around looking for the culprit. My eyes fall on a boy who has long black hair that goes down to his shoulders and has startling green eyes. He\'s looking at me intently, almost like searching into my soul and then he smiles…..  It\'s then when I see the fangs and realize... He\'s a vampire.