Chapter 5 - Two Victims

Virgo’s blood pressure was dangerously moving higher and higher as Libra said that they were running round in circles in the woods. She rolled her eyes, trying to ignore what Scorpio and Aries was arguing. Annoyed by them, she left alone. ‘Hey! Virgo! It isn’t the good idea to split up!’ Libra said and Virgo was still ignoring. ‘I’m going to find my own path.’ She said monotonously. ‘Stop this nonsense Virgo. If you have to split up with us, you will be more likely the next one dead.’ Capricorn crossed his arms and shook his head. ‘Good, ‘cause I want this miserable life of mine to be ended as fast as I can.’ Virgo stared at him in his eyes. ‘Well, we don’t want that to happen.’ Scorpio glared at her. ‘That’s true. So shut up you miserable whatnot! Don’t you ever think that we are bound to this miserable life too?’ Aries said, tears in his eyes. Virgo thought about it for a second. It was true. They were bound to be in a miserable life, the life which they were inside a maze without a way out. The life which they were about to be killed by an unknown killer, a stranger.

‘Let us stop and first find a way how to get out of here. There may be a trap around here anytime now. The others are waiting for us at the hotel.’ Capricorn said. ‘This was just my deductions but I think the place where Aries went is the real path.’ Libra said, the zodiacs listened carefully, ‘Aries said that he was just following the trail and then we disappeared, after that, he said he ran straight ahead meaning that ‘that’ path which he ran straight was somewhere here.’ She pointed at the scattered dirt on the ground, it was the place where Scorpio bumped with Aries. ‘Maybe you are right but how’d we even got here if Aries was following the right path? We’ve been following a pseudonymous path?’ Virgo said. ‘To think, Aries was always the one not caring about others. I thought that was wrong, but now.’ Capricorn said. Aries laughed, a little bit hurt. ‘So where do we go?’ Scorpio said.

Let’s get back on the other six signs shall we?

Pisces got tired of staring at the others. She closed her eyes and wanted to sleep but she’s scared that if she woke up, everyone’s dead. Gemini got a little worried about her. She was the one taking care of Cancer, and now, the half of them. He went to talk to her, Aquarius followed. ‘So… uh… Pisces, are you okay?’ Gemini had a slight blush on his face. ‘Yeah. Just tired.’ She yawned. ‘Then you need sleep I guess.’ Aquarius smiled. ‘No need. I need to keep a look-out on you guys so if you want to sleep, I’ll stay up for you.’ Pisces smiled back. Leo went up to her; tears slightly fell into her eyes. ‘Hell… I want to go home… I don’t want to die…’ she said. ‘We’ll get back soon. I promise.’ Pisces said. ‘Liar! You know that’s not true. We’ll all going to be dead after a blink of an eye and-‘after that moment, a shot was heard from nowhere, Leo smiled and fell. Sagittarius screamed so as Pisces. Gemini caught her in his arms. ‘Leo, stay with us.’ Aquarius said, tears were falling to his eyes. ‘Sorry, but my time is up.’ By the looks of it, Leo is dead. A small piece of paper, wrapped like a paper plane flew from the darkness of the room. Gemini grabbed a hold to it and read the words. It was written clear enough.

The bull and the lion. Who shall be next?

Sagittarius fell silent as before, thought running through his mind. So is Pisces. Cancer and Virgo were the only best friends she had left. She couldn’t believe that this would ever happen in front of her eyes. She stared at Leo’s body, thinking that this was all a dream.

But no.

((back to the gang))

All of the six other signs pointed different directions, arguing that the path they chose was the right way. ‘I think we should just go right and let’s see what we can find.’ Aries said. ‘Okay now. Let’s go.’ Scorpio demanded. They headed right, straight right. Scorpio was wishing that this was the right path. He already accepted that Taurus was dead-the killer had already said so. Although, he was starting to get nervous about the other six behind, he just hoped that after they find Taurus’ body, they’ll get another clue. Another piece to solving this mystery.

Alas, the path they took was right.

It was the other path of blood.

Aries’ senses are tingling again. This was the place where he heard someone/something whispered to him. He is not afraid of ghosts, he is afraid of getting killed. Slowly, they reached the end of it which was a tree on the side of a cliff.  Taurus was hanged as if he had done suicide. As Virgo examined the body, rigor mortis had already began. He died a lot of hours ago. Scorpio couldn’t look so as Capricorn. Libra and Aries were having a moment. They were all having the same thoughts.

The killer was already leading ahead.

Virgo noticed a small paper attached to the hand of Taurus, it was covered in blood but there are words enough to be read. It says:

Beauty and a Beast…

Everyone was astonished and then heard a gunshot.

‘LEO!!!’