Dear Girlfriend

Taeyeon woke up from her sleep. As her eyes slowly fluttered opened and her lips soon twitched up into a frown when she did not see Tiffany's sleeping face by her side. It was Valentine's day and after being a couple for four years, it was Taeyeon's first time for not being able to give Tiffany any surprise because her girlfriend needed to go to London for a business trip. She lazily sat up and took her phone from the nightstand to check the time. It was six o'clock in the morning in Seoul. She did a quick calculation to find out what time it was in London. It was nine o'clock in the evening already in London. Her girlfriend might still be busy with the meetings she had to attend. She then noticed a kakao talk notification and soon smiled when she saw the sender's name.

"Happy Valentine's day, girlfriend! Don't be grumpy because I'm not there beside you. Be happy because you know I love you no matter how far apart we are. Have a nice day, my Valentine. Kisses and hugs!"

The time stamp showed it was sent two hours ago, which meant it was seven o'clock in the evening in London when Tiffany sent the message across to her. Taeyeon immediately typed a reply, pushing her luck while wishing Tiffany had not gotten busy again with her meetings.

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, girlfriend. I love you! Come back home soon... I miss you TT"

Taeyeon waited for a while for Tiffany to read and reply her chat only to be disappointed because her girlfriend seemed to be already occupied with work again. She put her phone on the nightstand again, then grumpily stood up from her bed, and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. Taeyeon wished the day would end soon. What was worse than not having your girlfriend around and needed to go to work on Valentine's day?

After taking a quick shower, Taeyeon took a moment to choose what clothing she would be wearing. As long as she lived with Tiffany, even back then when they were still in the University dorm, the eye-smiled girl always chose what clothing Taeyeon would wear. She finally picked her choice of a black sleeveless dress and took a grey blazer to top it. She remembered Tiffany's message about choosing clothes.

"If I am not here with you. And you don't know what clothes, should you wear, just choose anything black. It's the safest colour."

She frowned as she put the sleeveless dress on. She topped it with the grey blazer and walked towards the dresser to put some light make up on. She then frowned again remembering Tiffany's previous messages.

"Your eyes are your charm, Taetae. Don't put too much eyeliner though. And soft colour for the lipstick match your baby face really well"

Taeyeon applied her make up as what Tiffany taught her long ago. She shook her head to detach herself from her reverie and bring herself together. She knew that she was being overly sentimental today because it was the first Valentine she did not celebrate with Tiffany after ten years of knowing her girlfriend. She stopped putting on her eyeliner and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"Taeyeon-ah! Tiffany is just being away for a while! It's not that she's leaving you! Why are you being over sentimental, aish!" She gestured a punch to the mirror as if trying to punch her own reflection. She then laughed at herself and shook her head again before shifting her gaze to a picture of her and Tiffany that was pasted on the mirror.

"Fany-ah... It's only a week and I am being a crazy person already, talking and bickering with myself like a fool. I will be doing just fine today. But come back home soon, please? And promise me that you won't ever leave me, okay?" She said while staring at the picture. She looked at Tiffany's eye smile in the picture and soon a smile formed on her face. Tiffany's smile was her best mood booster.