Chapter Forty-Three -The Bloody Soldier

Dez walked over and sat Slash on the table and then went to go look for what he needed. He found everything and found the bullet hole. It had ripped right through her tendon and was bleeding badly. “How are we going to fix this?” She asked. “Stitches probably, I’m not too sure. Best thing we can do now is clean it out and wrap it up real tight.” “It’s not that bad, just a flesh wound.” “You were shot in the part that lets you bend your leg, Slash.” “Can’t it just heal up?” “I don’t know, I’m not a bloody doctor.” He shook his head and started to clean out the wound with rubbing alcohol. “Switch would probably know what the to do.” “Just bring the what we’ll need, he can fix it better later.” After he got the wound cleaned up he grabbed the stitches an needle. “Hold on now, do you even know what you’re doing with that?\"

 Slash said, retracting her leg best she could. “I said I didn’t know if it was the right thing to do, not that I didn’t know how to do it.” She gulped. “I think that it isn’t needed, come one let’s go, everyone’s probably in trouble somewhere…” She tried to get off the table. “They’re fine,” Dez started. “What’s the matter, scared of needles?” “No!” He laughed. “Wimp. It won’t hurt that bad, so just relax.” Since there wasn’t a way out, she was halfway forced to relax, she clenched her jaw when he was stitching, but it was over faster than she thought. He wrapped it up tight with some surgical tape and put ice on it.

“Almost new.” He said. He was about to pick her up and try to find the rest of the group, when the fain sound of laughter could be heard. “Sounds like it’s coming from down the hall.” Slash said. Dez peaked his head out the door, “I don’t see anything.” Slash got up, leaning on one leg, and hopped over to the door. “Come on, it’s definitely coming from that direction.”

Dez grabbed his gun and handed it to Slash before he picked her up, against her will again, and walk towards the sound. They eventually came to a door, which was locked, and said ‘mess hall’. It didn’t sound like soldiers laughing at jokes, it sounded more psychotic and mad. Dez took a step forward to put his ear to the door when whatever was laughing charged into it, denting it severely. The whole thing almost came down with one hit, because whatever it was was so massive. “I think we’ll leave that alone for now…”

“Good thinking.” The continued down the hall and then took and right, and saw everyone else standing in front of another entrance to the mess hall. War about to use the card to open the door when they walked up. “Don’t!” Dez said quickly. “What?” “There’s something in there, and trust me, from what it did to the other door around the corner, it’s not friendly.” War put the card down.

“Well, thanks. You probably saved our lives.” “Where do we go now?” Nick asked. “Well, it’s a military base, maybe they have a helicopter?” Jackal said. “Then we go up.” Slash said. Just then the door was charged against, the imprint of whatever was in it was left, and it didn’t look pretty. “Run!” War said, and everyone took off running. They were halfway down the hallway when the door smashed against the other wall and the thin charged out. It was one of Kendal’s experiments no doubt, it was wearing a military uniform, but it was stretched out because of the monsters size. It looked to be in a strait jacket, which explained why it couldn’t punch anything. It was charging at them full speed, eyes blood red, and teeth fully bore.

“In here!” Alpha said, running into a room with and iron door. Everyone sprinted in, and Alpha barely had enough time to close the door before the monster tried to barge in. It slammed itself on the door repeatedly, the door weakening with each hit. “What do we do now?” Switch asked.