Chapter 4

Graypaw ran out of he apprentices den, the sun pricing his eyes, making him stop. It was dawn. He whipped his head around. "Are you coming, Ravenpaw?" He asked.
Ravenpaw walked out of the den, and stretched his hind dens. "I am, don't get your tail in a twist" he yawned, padding to Grey Tom.
"Hey! Lionheart and Tigerclaw are awake! Wanna ask them if we can train together today?" Graypaw asked, his thick fur flowing with the wind.
"Sounds good!" Ravenpaw smiled.
"Let's go! They're both in the clearing!" Graypaw purred, prancing beside Ravenpaw.
"Hey, Graypaw? What happened with that Kittypet?" Ravenpaw asked, padding to e clearing
"Bluefur said he was part of some prophecy. Thistlestar almost killed him... Then he left. Me and him talked, he seemed nice. His name was Rusty, he good at hunting, for a Kittypet!" Graypaw answered calmly.
"Wish I could have met him, I saw him and I looked friendly, it's too bad Thistlestar attacked him..." Ravenpaw sighed.
"Don't have a long face! We'll be training together soon!" Graypaw smiled, hearing the slightly sad sigh ending Ravenpaw's reply.
Ravenpaw smiled.  "Better?" He asked, with a hint of teasing in his mew
Graypaw let out a mrrow of laugher, as he padded up to his mentor.
The large golden Tom flicked his head around to see his apprentice.  "Hey Graypaw!" He purred.
"Hey Lionheart! Do you think that me and Ravenpaw could train together?" Graypaw flicked his tail to the sleek, skinny, small, pure black Tom.
Ravenpaw shifted his paws uncomfortably, he didn't talk to Lionheart often.
"Well, it's okay with me" Lionheart purred, as his orbs shifted to Ravenpaw.  "But you ought to ask Tigerclaw"
"O-of course" Ravenpaw stuttered nervously.
Graypaw nudged Ravenpaw's hindquarters towards the large brown deputy.  "Go on!" He encouraged his friend.
Ravenpaw nodded to the thick-furred young Tom's encouragement.  He puffed out his chest to look firm and brave and padded over to the deputy.
Tigerclaw whipped his head around to see his apprentice, "What do you want!" He spat.
Ravenpaw's ears shifted back at the snarl of the deputy, he became more scared to ask, but he knew he had to.  "U-Ummmm... C-can me and G-Graypaw train t-together?" He asked nervously, stuttering through fast and quietly.
"What was that!" Tigerclaw hissed.
Ravenpaw cleared his throat.  "Can me and Graypaw train together!" Ravenpaw repeated, much louder.
"Fine, and speak louder!" Tigerclaw snarled, showing his cream-yellow sharp teeth.
Ravenpaw turned around, and rolled his eyes.  As he emerged Graypaw and Lionheart with Tigerclaw slightly behind him.
"Yay! He said yes!" Graypaw exclaimed from his assumptions.
Lionheart smiled to the deputy.  "Let's do some fighting training" he mewed firmly.
"Okay,  let's go to the sandy hallow then" Tigerclaw said firmly, with a hint of growl rising In his throat.
***
They soon arrived at the sandy hallow, ready for the apprentices to train.
"Me and Thistlestar have decided to start training the apprentices with claw unstealthed.  To prepare the, for battle!" Tigerclaw mewed.
Ravenpaw gasped, he hated how Thistlestar was making the clan worse than ShadowClan.
"Okay... He is the leader..." Lionheart muttered,
"Let's start off with killing bite! Most clans use it as a last resort, but if a cat leaves their neck free, go for it!" Tigerclaw hissed, as he grabbed 2 clumps of moss, and padded back to the apprentices.  "You'll be practicing on these!"
Ravenpaw dug his teeth into moss, it was damp, as blood was rushing out.  He didn't let go, his eyes closed.  He felt a sticky wet stub stance on his mussel, but did as his mentor said, and clamped his teeth on the moss. 
"Good job Ravenpaw! Bite harder!" Tigerclaw hissed.
Ravenpaw bit with all his might, feeling as if his canine fangs would shatter.  He started to smell fish.  He flicked open his eyes, he didn't see Tigerclaw, Graypaw nor Lionheart in front of him, but a grey tabby cat with green eyes.  It was yowling for mercy, about to go to StarClan.  Ravenpaw released his bite and yowled.  He fled away from the cat and Tigerclaw.  As he slowly gained confidence and padded back he looked where the cat was, and only saw the moss in which his teeth had dented. He sighed with relief, knowing he hadn't killed a cat.  What has this clan become? He asked himself, the leader and Deputy were telling cats to train with claws.
Graypaw was still biting on the moss, his teeth firmly gripped.  "Great job Graypaw! You're a natural!" Tigerclaw purred to the thick-furred grey apprentice.
"Okay, Lionheart, what's the next move?" Tigerclaw asked the warrior.
"Let's try... Front paw blow.  You're going to have your claws stealthed, and bat each other's head with all your power!" Lionheart ordered.
Ravenpaw nodded, and looked at Graypaw.  "I'll go first!" He offered.
Graypaw nodded. 
Ravenpaw used his scrawny arm and batted Graypaw's head, with a large amount of force, making Graypaw wince slightly.
"Great job Ravenpaw!" Lionheart praised the apprentice.
Graypaw smiled "My turn" he laughed, as he used his muscular arms to swat at Ravenpaw's head with a large amount of impact, making a bruise start to form, slightly indenting it.  Ravenpaw yowled slightly, shook the pain off, trying not to look weak in front of his mentor. 
"Wow Graypaw, that was prefect" Lionheart purred.
"Okay, last move.  Let's try...  Forepaw slash! You will have to unstealth your claws and slice downward with your front paw down your opponents side, or body" Tigerclaw explained.  "Don't claw each other too deep!" He snickered.
"I'm first!" Graypaw volunteered.
"O-okay..." Ravenpaw replied.
Graypaw smiled and unstealthed his claws.  He leaped above Ravenpaw, and stashed his claws lightly across Ravenpaw's side.  Ravenpaw's side started to bleed very slightly, as the claws only skimmed across his skin.
"Great good Graypaw, In a real battle that cat would be crying for mercy!" Tigerclaw snarled, as he looked at his apprentice.  "Your turn Ravenpaw!"
Ravenpaw nodded, understanding it was his turn, and leaped forwards at Graypaw, instead of having height, like Graypaw's attack, he had speed.  He quickly skimmed his claw on Graypaw's back and landed beside him, panting.  A small amount of blood started to expel from the toms grey fur, but not much.
"Prefect!" Tigerclaw praised.  "You both will do great in battle.  Let's head back, you won't need any herbs for those wounds, they're hardly visible!" Tigerclaw laughed, as they started heading back to camp.