Dawn

The Guevarras'. December 3. 4:15 a.m.

Warning: Oh no! The first 100 readers saw the un-edited version 😶*sorry for the eye sores lol*  Did some editing but this may still have errors. :)

_____________________

Jade opened her eyes and found herself in a dark room. The candle's light was out and it was pitch black. On a regular day, waking up in the dark  would've triggered her mind to recall painful memories of her days locked in a basement. But this was not a regular day, she felt content. Jade wondered if she's dreaming. Probaby not, she thought. All her dreams were usually bad or sad.

Jade sighed. She doesn't trust Althea, yet she can't stay away from her. 

"Who are you really Althea?"  

The patient's eyes softened.

Althea was asleep with her arm around Jade's waist and her knee bent over Jade's thigh. The nursing assistant unconsciously pulled the pensive girl closer, Jade submitted and rested her head on Althea's chest. Soon enough, the soothing sound of Althea's heartbeat was lulling Jade to sleep.

"Jade..." Althea whispered in her sleep.

"Yes?" Jade opened her eyes and gave Althea a chaste peck on the cheek. Jade recalled how possesively Althea kissed her when she was about to pull away from their embrace and how her own lips willingly responded until they were both feverish and out of air. Their kiss tasted like wine. It was sweet.. strong.. intoxicating. Jade's heart fluttered.

Meanwhile, Althea's perfect eyebrows wrinkled. She turned and slowly opened her eyes. Half asleep and disoriented, she couldn't see a thing.

"So dark..."

She moved from her current sleeping position and decided to continue her slumber. Her hand was reaching for the blanket when it landed on Jade. 

"pil-low?..

With her eyes still closed, her hand curiosly wandered and explored the mysterious thing beside her. The pillow was warm and soft and smelled nice, she thought.

"Like my Ja-de.."

Althea froze and was awake in an instant.

"Jade."  Althea caught her breath. 

Just a thought of the mysterious girl sends jolts of electricity all over her body. The wounded patient has waken an ardent fire in her soul she never knew existed.

"Jade.."  Althea whispered in her thoughts... the silvery voice.. those gorgeous brown eyes.. the heart- melting smile.. those soft lips which tasted so delectable that Althea had to summon every ounce of strength she's got to stop herself from kissing the charming girl.

The pillow moved.

Althea's heart raced. She quicky took her hand off from where it was still comfortably resting.

"Oh no! Please be asleep.."

"Althea?.. Are you awake?" Jade softly whispered.

"J-Jade!" Althea's cheeks were on fire, another awkward moment to remember since they first met. She took a deep breath and secretly thanked the darkness for hiding her "tomato - red" face away from Jade's sight.

"Is this a dream?" The nursing assistant shyly asked.

"No silly, This is real!" Jade chuckled and pinched Althea's side.

"Ouch! Okay, I believe you!" Althea pretended to be hurt.

There was silence for a while.

"Althea, Do you think they'll find me here?"  Jade burried her head in Althea's neck.