Episode 5: Nerves

Today was the day. The day that our team, would play our first match in this world. Tony Calvin and I made our way to a large round dome, high above a large city. We entered to see an enormous amount of people, wandering around the extensive interior of the dome. The three of us, like the crowd, were wandering around, looking for the entrance to our very first match. We decided that the fastest way to search was to split up and check on the meeting point at the middle of the room every once in a while. Looking around, I could see a large yellow figure with a green spiked shell.

"Bowser?" I greeted, trying to yell above the crowd. He turned around surprisingly fast for his size.
"Well look who it is! Mr. Mega Blue!" He replied, in his usual low yet exited tone, "How's it going?"
"It's been great!" I started, "Today's actu-"
"OH THAT'S RIGHT!" He interrupted, "I wanted to introduce you to somebody!" He stepped to the side to reveal a moustached man with blue overalls, white gloves, a red cap and shirt.
"It's a me!" He greeted in a surprisingly high pitched voice.
"Would you stop that!" Bowser blurted, "Just talk normally for once!"
"Fine." he replied in a normal everyday voice, "My name's Mario. Nice to meet you."
     We talked for a while, but I did check back at the meeting point every once in a while. I guess Mario noticed because he asked me about it.
"Oh that's right, my team and I agreed that we'd split up find out where we can get to our first game."  I told him.
"The entry desk is over at the back." He nodded, "It's a little hard to see but I guess you friends must have found it." I looked back to see Tony and Calvin waving back at me gesturing to come over to them.
"Thanks!" I told Mario as I sprinted towards my team.
"No problem!" He replied, "And good luck on your first game!" When I met up with the team we discussed where we were supposed to go because we all thought we were supposed to go to different places. Of course, Mario's directions were correct, and we entered a long, dark hallway, which led to our very first tournament fight.