Chapter 1

*Jaina's POV*
I'm so excited Liz is staying the night finally my mom let her over since the incident. It's been about 6 months. I was laying on my bed and I heard I knock on the door, I immediately jumped up and ran downstairs to the door.
"Elizabeth, nice to see you again." My mother said with a fake grin on her face.
"Nice to see you as well Ma'am." Liz greeted her and she followed me up the stairs with her huge bag. "You're finally over its been ages." I poked her cheek and sat down on my bed I looked at her newly colored hair ashy brown. She grinned and pulled a box of hair dye out of her bag. "YOUR TURN!" I saw the box it was platinum blonde. I squealed knowing I always wanted to dye my hair that color. We headed into my bathroom and got started.
"You look amazing, I made a great choice as usual." Liz smirked she then plopped on my bee showing she was tired. "You're just like a cat Liz." I replied to her body language. "You know I'm purrrrfect." She replied.

*Liz's POV 3am*
I woke up to the sound of police sirens and more than one of them. I quietly got out of Jaina's bed to look outside the window. BANG BANG BANG. They were shooting a man and he wouldn't die. They shot him like 40 times in the chest finally a officer shot the man in the head and he went down. Our phones starting going off. Emergency All residents of  Washington stay in your houses and don't go outside there is a plague going around that is deadly stay safe.
The message read. "JAINA WAKE UP PLEASE WE ARE IN TROUBLE!" I screamed in panic she woke up and read the message and her jaw dropped. "Where's my mom and dad?" She questions as she got up and ran downstairs. She heard a scream and saw a guy break through the patio. "Girls stay up there!" Jaina's dad said in panic. I ran back into her room as Jaina just stood there watching I grabbed her arm and dragged her back into her room and locked the door behind us. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING JAINA WE HAVE TO STAY IN HERE." I said panicking. Jaina just looked down sitting on her bed her forehead in her hands. I sat down next to her and turned on her TV and changed the channel on the news to keep updated on what's happening.
Breaking news, the virus is spreading rapidly and it seems that who that get it die of a high fever the last reported case was 10 seconds ago there is a new case every 5 seconds and this isn't just in Washington this is spreading across the globe at a rapid pace. Be prepared to stay inside for up to 3 weeks. The super markets are not charging anything for water and supplies you have a ration limit. 30 cases of water 5 flashlights a pack of 100 cans of food and wood for a fire and a lighter. I would hurry before all is sold out. We will keep you updated on the virus.
All me and Jaina could do was stand in awe. Then there was a pound on the door as we both snapped out of our daze.

*Jaina's POV*
    "DAD! You're safe." I said while wrapping my arms around him and looking behind him I didn't see my mother.
"She's laying down she fainted while the guy broke in. Don't worry he's dead he had the virus. I'm going to the store here's a gun and a knife aim for the head." He said while handing the weapons to me I sat them on my desk. "You're not coming back aren't you." I said with a frown. "Of course I am I can't leave you here alone." He said and walked out not even saying goodbye to me. He has to comeback her cant leave me here alone I'm only 17.
Breaking news the virus has evolved. Everyone must evacuate immediately. The military is setting up camps 100 miles outside of Seattle in the woods we highly advise going there if you want a higher chance to live. There will be food, clean water shelter and a medical area we will be back with more updates soon.
"Well we know what we have to do." Liz said packing a duffle from my closet. Life is about to turn into hell.