(3)

~Emily's P.O.V

I was sitting on the bus the next morning, just thinking. Nothing in particular was wrong, but nothing seemed right either. I didn't know what, and I could possibly just be paranoid considering Jasen hadn't called last night as per usual.

As we arrived at Will's stop, I had realized that there were sadly no open seats other than the one my bag was resting so peacefully on. It made me upset to know I'd have to move it so one of the popular bastards could sit in its place.

Okay I have nothing against popular kids, just a few in particular. Will. I hated him with every piece of me. A couple of years ago, he and a couple of other popular kids, had attempted to kidnap and rape my best friend. Jasmine Itis. That was my best friend's name. She was a stunning girl, really. Gorgeous long brown hair, and blue eyes. She wore makeup but didn't need it at all.

The group of people who kidnapped her had invited her to come out for ice-cream. She hadn't suspected anything because they sometimes would hang out at the diner or something. I was obviously never invited. I was what you would call an introvert. Jasmine was far from it, but I loved her none the less.

They had offered to drive her down, and she had accepted. Her parents noticed that she had forgotten her inhaler and tried calling her (she had severe asthma and could have an attack at any point). When they noticed that she wasn't picking up, as she always did, they tried a few more times. As worried parents, they checked her location to see where she was. All I can say is thank god they did because they were on the way to an asylum that had been abandoned many years ago.

It was obviously illegal and Jasmine had never stolen a grape from the supermarket none the less break the law. They instantly knew something was up and called the cops.

Will had been the leader.

After I had found out, I had obviously beat Will and his little gang to a pulp.

Anyway back to reality. As Will walked on the bus and noticed I had the only open seat, I saw fear immediately fill his eyes. For obvious reasons, of course.

As he sat down, as far away from me as possible, I noticed he had started shaking. 'Serves him right' I thought, naturally. I just turned my music up louder, ignoring his fearful actions, and stared out the window.

As we pulled up to the school, I got off the bus and waited for Jasen. He wasn't on the bus.

Fuck.

I got my stuff from my locker and walked off to homeroom, shaking from worry. I immediately walked up to our homeroom teacher, ignoring my anxiety.

"I know you can't break the confidentiality between you and students, but is Jasen all right?" I asked nervously.

"Actually Emily, can you come with me for a second?"

"S-sure"

We walked into the hallway as she said the words that killed me.

"Emily dear, I know you were closer to Jasen than anyone in this school, but I have horrible news for you."

That's when I broke down crying. I actually fell down. I knew he'd done it. He was gone forever and I knew just what had set him off.

Gone forever.

I didn't even get to say the truth.

"I love you Jasen." I managed to whisper before the room went black and I was rushed to the nurse.