Chapter 1 (Teaser)

A/N -Hey guys- ive had to restart this from scratch and its nothing like before, and its not really going to be planned out as much, I have the rough idea in my head but im going to let my mind as I write create it, as I was so happy with the one I done before once I tried recreating it from notes i had left it just was not the same even if i had the notes- anyhow I hope you like this as a sneekpeek introduction for tomorrows full chapter- comments etc all appreciated – constructive and postive- or even negative if you feel like it- love you guys- sorry for the XL NOTE lol – also this is ofc from Naths POV

I have been staring at the ceiling for what feels like houra. The alarm clock ringing in the background, I cant get that nightmare out of my head, waking up in cold sweats the feel of pure terror that rushes through my body. I.. I can't let this get to me now look at this life I have made for myself, its nothing special, but I done it... with a little help of course. Wait, whats the time?

I glance over to my alarm clock that is sitting on my makeshift bedside table (thats a box- a box full of my tat I have yet to unpack since I moved in here a couple of months ago) oh god its 1.24pm. Seriously where does the time go? Aside from being an extremely lazy person these jobs just takeup so much time and leave such little time for sleep.

I quickly jump out of bed grabbing my phone off charge, two missed calls, and three messages all but one from Lex. I Must have left my phone on silent.

-Lex- “Nathy babes what time do you want to meet up? Xx lexi” 11.24am

-Lex- “NATHAN.” 11.58am

-Lex- “Call me when you get up nath, you lazy sloth! XXX” 1.05pm

oh, whoops. Quickly scrolling past the apps to the phonebook I quickly click Lex, ring, ring ring, ring..

“LEXI!!!!”i exaggerate lovingly

“NATHAN... J Sykes” she adds, her voice clearly irritated, putting on a pretend angry tone

“Sorry I literally just woke up” I reply, rubbing the back of my neck at how awkward this felt.

“sooo what are you upto today Mr Sykes? Have not forgotten work tonight?”

Shit. “NO, of course not” I lie

she sighs “your such a bad liar Nathan, you know that right?”

I shrug, forgetting she cant exactly see that “mhm” I mumble

“Well” she says ecclesiastically, a little too... “It's your day off tomorrow and im going to take you shopping!” she exclaims. I groan at the thought but she interrupts me before I can reply “no buts, you have literally nothing that place is bare and drab, and we are doing it up and thats final” I feel her beaming down the phone at me “Ok ok” I can only agree, when Lex wants what she wants, she wants what she wants. Smiling I shake my head at the thought “Lex, you know I love you right?”

she giggles “Of course you do where would you be without me?” she has a point “im just awesome!” she laughs as I reply “Don't use that, thats so bloody cringy!”

she continues “anyway Nathy, you better start getting ready your shift starts in a couple of hours and its a long walk” she painfully reminds me- its not really that much of a long walk, but when your a slow walker like me, usually anyway- it is. “Alright, speak to you later and ill see ya tomorrrow lex” I smile “Yea we will see what happens!” she adds before hanging up on me.

God why does she always do that to me? She knows how to push my buttons that is for sure.

-hope this was a nice teaser very short compared to tomorrows chapter../S

p.s. Sorry if I drift into past tense/present I have not done creative writing for about 3 or four years fully and ill likley be abit rusty, especially with all the ideas shooting at me! but anything like that be will corrected including typos as this is literally just cut off the top of tomorrows chapter which i am yet to finish! Xxx -