When We Met

October 2015
       I had just got into a relationship with , who everyone called, "Dirty Reggie". Reggie was a no good guy who spent most of his time walking up and down 5th ave. , playing on all the local street basketball courts , and well you know, being dirty😕. He was very popular in the city though, everyone knew him. I didn't even know why i was with him. I got tricked into a relationship due to his flirtatiousness. It's really sad on my part and it made me look easy😐. I had been talking to my closest friends, Dayanna and Aaliyah about breaking up with him. They suggested that i give him some time. Usually they would tell me , *in Dayanna's  soft,raspy voice*, "Fuck  That Nigga😎" ,. I should've just broke up with him the second he mentioned how fine Dayanna was😒. My dumbass decides to leave it alone but now as i think back on it , i should've slapped the fuck outta him😴.

December 4th , 2015
About a week ago, I switched my sport from cheerleading to basketball. Since I go to a performing arts school, I played for Roosevelt and so did about 10 other students from my school. Today we had a game against Westside, one of the best girl basketball team in Gary. We knew we were going to lose😭 but we stayed optimistic. By the time 4 o'clock came around , me and my other teammates were headed toward Westside prepared for defeat. When we got there, our coaches weren't there yet.
We nervously but patiently sat on the bleachers  waiting on them. Upon arrival, approximently an hour & 15 minutes later to be exact, they prompted us to go get suited up and to start getting warmed up. Our game started at six so we still had an hour. We roamed around the huge, maze-like school for about 30 minutes. Since Westside is A pretty old school, there was old memorabilia on every wall visible. Our coaches called all of us into the locker room for a quick meeting. We all huddled up together in a big circle. My coach closely examined all of our faces and finally said, "I know all of you are little wimps", in his thick straight-off-the-Island accent, "Obviously you want to lose because thats how you guys are looking right now , SCARED. These kids aren't that great, you can win if you believe in your team.", we all looked around with unsure looks on our faces, "-but i just want you to go out there and have fun, whether we lose or not, we're still be a pretty good team." , he said with a smirk on his face. After going over a few plays on Coach V's clip board, Nia, the team captain, yelled out to the rest of us,"EVERYBODY IN!" , while everyone touched fists in the center of the circle, another varsity player yelled, "LADY PANTHERS ON 3;  1...2...3...." , "-LADY PANTHERS!", we all shouted in sync. "Go!" , shouted coach V. As we rhythmically ran out to the center of the court with the beat of the warm up music, we quickly grabbed 3 balls and started some lay ups.
     We all were nervous. People started coming in and filling the bleachers. We had never had this many people show up at one of our games before. At this point, the spotlight was on us.
The music faded out and we all sat on the bleachers. Since this was one of my first games, i wasn't one of the starters. After a brief pep talk, the whistle blew signaling that the game was starting. As the game was going on, my eyes gazed upon the somewhat large crowd. I noticed a group of boys sitting on the far right side of the bleachers. Most of them went to my school, but one boy stuck out to me. He wasn't just any ordinary boy, this boy was 6 foot gorgeous😍, skin complexion of an African god😭 and don't get me started on his hair🤤, he had a curly, fluffy fro that was partially died blonde💕 this boy was BEAUTIFUL😍. So beautiful, that whenever i looked at him, i got lost in his dreamy, glass-like, dark brown -with a hint of burgundy- eyes😍. I had seen him about 2 weeks earlier at my schools homecoming game, I didn't really pay attention to him like that then because at the time he was talking to my ex😭. As the game went on, i became entangled in the curls in his cloud-like, angel made hair❤️️. I figured that i had no chance with him anyway, so I enjoyed it while I could. "HEY! SHORT STUFF ! Get out there and don't make a fool of yourself!!", my coach roared as he pushed me toward the scoring desk. Quickly snapping me out of my trance, I checked in with the officials and I kneeled on the big sticky pad awaiting the refs signal. My mind was only focused on the game. I payed no attention to the group of boys continuously mocking us and making fun of our coach who had sort of a muscular build and a shiny bald head who was only 5 foot tall & loved dry-fit turtle necks. He was pretty much asking for it. 😭
    By halftime , we still had 0 points while Westside already had 27. We were getting beat bad. Coach V looked happy for once. He's NEVER in a good mood. He's the type of person who gets mad for no reason and throws a temper tantrum because he's mad. He was happy because even down by almost 30, we weren't getting beat as badly as we did in the past.
As the game went on, it seemed like everything was moving in slow motion. I couldn't wait until the game was over. The pressure was killing me...
The buzzer went off, signaling the end of the game. We walked into the locker room silently while the other team cheered loudly at their 37 point victory. "You guys did great !", Coach V said shadily. As we got dressed, the varsity players ran out and started warming up. We all eventually came out the locker room and sat on the bleachers. I happened to look up and see the boys from my school waving at us telling us to come over there. I didn't want to sit over there by myself so i asked Aaliyah and Destiny to come sit with me. "Why you wanna go over there ?", Aaliyah said. "Who them ?" Asked Destiny. "They go to our school", I replied to Destiny, "but It's some fine ass boys over there" i finished. Aaliyah sighed in disgust. Destiny squinted her eyes trying to see the boys across the gym. She usually wore glasses but she had left them in the locker room. "iight, let's go over there ghee", Destiny finally said. As we made our way over there, the boys began noticing our presence. "WASSUP NIA ?", I looked up and I saw Nate, "HEEY", I nervously yelled back as I stared at the boy that had caught my eye at the beginning of the game. He looked 300x better up close and personal😍. I sat down right next to Devon Harrison; A few weeks ago my brother, Eric, had told me that Devon had a crush on me. I didn't take him seriously because why would someone like him be interested in me? I just didn't seem like his type. Anyway, the boys were all laughing about how the varsity girls played. "This nigga got on casual KD's", Nate said pointing and laughing hysterically at one of the players. "That's TP", I interjected. "What's that stand for", Nate replied . "Her real name is Tiffany P. Thats all y'all need to know ", Destiny interrupted rolling her eyes.
-- The long awkward silence seemed to be louder than the game was. --
"Aye, My nigga tryna fuck with you", Devon said tapping on my shoulder and pointing his thumb at the cute boy I had noticed some time ago. "Umm , I have a boyfriend", I said hesitatively.
-- I knew I was going to break up with Reggie but I don't know, i got nervous --

December 10th, 2015
For exactly a week now, I've just been thinking about this mystery boy. All my thoughts were running together, Does he really want to... how old is he...whats his nameeee? I can't believe I didn't ask what his name was. 🤦🏾‍♀️

December 11th, 2015
*Walks Into Class*
Me:
"DEVON !" , I loudly got his attention .
Devon:
"What Bitch ?"
Me:
"Stfu Bitch ,Who was that boy at the game ?"
Devon:
"The one from westside ? Jump ?"
Me:
"Jump ? Thats his real name ?"
Devon:
"Nah stupid hoe , It's Jordan" *laughs*
Me:
"Stop fucking playing with me lil boy, *rolls eyes* , Whats his name on facebook ?"
Devon:
"Umm..... JumpMan Jordan i think ."
Me:
"Thanks Bitch"

     Later that day, around 4, i inboxed him on facebook.

Me:    Wassup😏
     (He didn't text back until 8, i figured he was at basketball practice.)
Jump:    Whats Good ? 💪🏾😎
Me:    Idk if you remember me or not but I was the girl from the Velt game at Westside last week😂.
Jump:   Aw Yea I Remember😂, You Fine As Hell😏.
Me:   Lol thank you, Youre cute too btw💙
Jump:  Cute ? That Elementary Ass Word💀
Me:   What ? 😂
Jump:   Thats A Childish Ass Word😂
Me:  You want me to say you fine ? 😂
Jump: Well Am I ? 👀
Me: Yeaa😏 ig you fine.
Jump: Lol Thank You Boo😘😎
Me: Ctfu Np😘
Jump: So You Go To Emerson Right ?
Me: Yeaa , you go to westside ?
Jump: Yeaa, You Tryna Link Up Sometime ? 😎
Me: Lol yeaa, Where you stay ?
Jump: In Miller But I Be Everywhere.
Me: You kinda far😭 but I stay in Glen Park
Jump: 💀💀 I Be In Gp Too, Imma Be Out There This Weekend😎
Me: Where At ?
Jump: Over On 49
Me: 49th & What ?
Jump: 49th & Delaware
Me: I Live Right Around The Corner 😂
Jump: Well It Sound Like A Plan Just Lmk😎‼️

This was the very conversation that ruined the rest of my high school years.

-------------------------------------------------------

🚧🚧🚧UNDER CONSTRUCTION🚧🚧🚧
🍂🍂🍂MORE COMING SOON🍂🍂🍂🍂