Chapter 10- Losin' Him?

Ashlyn's POV:

    My sister told me we're going to a concert at the Ryman tonight, but she refuses to tell me who we're going to see. Without giving it too much thought, I got dressed in a nice pair of jeans and then walked to my closet to pick out a shirt. By the time I was ready, Ana walked in my room and I asked,

    "Ana, who are we going to see?"

    "Umm... Not really sure how to tell you, but..."
    "Oh, no, you only ever have said a similar thing once. When you surprised me by taking me to one of Hunter's concerts. Ana, what did you do?"
    "Alright, yes, it's one of his shows. But, Ashlyn, I had to. You are still in love with him. I can see it in the way your eyes light up whenever he walks in the room or when someone just mentions him."

    "Not true! They do not 'light up'."
    "Ashlyn Victoria! I know what I've seen. You are too in love with him. Maybe you don't want to admit it. Maybe you're afraid if you open your heart to him again, he'll break it again. But you'll just have to trust me that maybe it's worth the risk."

    "Alright, I'm trusting you on this. But, Ana, I won't let my walls down so easily this time. I'm not letting my heart get broken again."
    "Ok, fair enough. As long as you're willing to go with me and at least see him again."

Ana's POV:

    So, she hasn't admitted yet to me that she is still in love with Hunter. But I know she is. After all, she's already written several songs that I know of about him. At least I've gotten him to admit that he's in love with her. That's a start. And she's coming to his concert tonight, and I convinced him to tell her.
    I slid on my favorite sandals, grabbed my wallet and the two of us slid into Ashlyn's black Mustang.

  Ashlyn's POV:

    It felt like this drive was the longest of my life, driving toward the Ryman, knowing who was going to be there. We parked nearby, walked the short distance and stood in line for about 20 minutes, listening to young teenage girls who are, well, very excited, waiting to get in and go to our seats. Finally, we got inside and moved through the crowd to our spot on the right side of the stage in the mezzanine level.

    Until I sat down, I didn't realize how excited and nervous I was at the same time. I sat there, enjoying the music through half of the show. Until Hunter began singing 'Wanted'. Not wanting my sister to see my eyes start to fill with tears, I leaned over and whispered to her,

    "I can't stay. You can, watch the show. Enjoy the music. I'll see you after." I got up and walked out before she could say anything. I walked around to the back of the venue. Not really being sure where I was headed, I ended up walking toward the band's buses. So, I moved over to lean against one of them.

Ana's POV:

    I wasn't completely sure why Ashlyn had left in the middle of the show, but I had a pretty good idea. A couple songs later, I saw Hunter looking up toward me. I knew who he was looking for. I shook my head while looking back at him. He looked disappointed, but soon continued with the show, pretending that he didn't wish my sister was in the audience. As I watched the rest of the concert, I realized that he wasn't his usual cheery self. Oh, sure, he's good at faking it for the fans, but as someone who has known in him for years, I can tell. The person who would have been able to tell faster than me, of course, was Ashlyn. Little did I know at the time, as I watched him walk off stage after the show was over, he was on his way to go find her.