Chapter 11- Tour & Choices

We took turns playing and bouncing lyric ideas off each other. Neither one of us was paying attention to what time it was. Until finally, 4 hours after we'd started, we began to play and sing the final song.

One Great Mystery:
I don't know how many stars fill the sky
I know we're here, but I don't know why
Maybe there's some other life out there
But as long as you're here with me, baby, I don't really care

There is only one great mystery
I keep searching for the answer desperately
Tell me, tell me, baby, tell me please
What did I ever do to make you fall for me?

Don't know what happens when we leave this world
But I know I'll go right on loving you girl
I'll close my eyes and drift off into the blue
And if I go first, I will wait for you

There is only one great mystery
I keep searching for the answer desperately
Tell me, tell me, baby, tell me please
What did I ever do to make you fall for me?

I guess I'll never really know
How I deserve someone that loves me so

There is only one great mystery
I keep searching for the answer desperately
Tell me, tell me, baby, tell me please
What did I ever do to make you fall for me?

I'll keep asking through eternity
What did I ever do to make you fall for me?
What did I do, baby?

    A month later, our rehearsals for the tour are over and we're now traveling to the first venue. I don't have a bus of my own, so, I'll be staying on Hunter's bus through this tour. I sprawled out on the couch, doodling in my notebook, trying to finish a song that I'd started. By the time I finished, it was time to get ready to go on stage.

    I finished soundchecking, and then stood just backstage where I could watch the fans all start filing in. Just for fun, I decided to tweet out to them, 'Are you ready for a great show, Nashville!? Can't wait to meet you'. As I watched their responses, I saw a few of them were asking if I'd ever do a meet and greet. So, I checked to make sure there would be an extra room backstage after the show and tweeted again, 'Tweet to me using #meet&greet... And a few lucky fans will get to come backstage to meet me!' Since I was only doing 3 songs of my own, the band that would also accompany Dan + Shay on stage would be behind me. 20 minutes after my tweet, and having seen a whole bunch of replies, I bounced on stage.

    "How are you doing, Nashville?" I was answered by screams, "How many of you have already tweeted #meet&greet?" Again more screams, fewer, but still almost deafening, "That's great! Keep it up, if you haven't. I just wish I could meet every single one of you." I paused to stare around the room, "I can't believe I'm here, and I get to open for three incredible singers! How many of you are here to see Dan + Shay?" I looked around, listening to the screams until, "And how many came to see Hunter Hayes?" Louder screams, if that's possible. "But first, we're going to get you ready for them. Are you ready? I don't know how many of you have heard my songs but this is my very first radio release, about a week ago now." I began playing 'Pieces'. Immediately followed by 'I Feel Bad'.

    Once I'd finished, I stopped playing long enough to say,
    "I know those were both slower songs, but what do you say we crank up the volume with a new song I just wrote earlier today?" And I began to play.

Ring Around It:
I'll ride with you over to the party
I'll dance with you if they play a country song
Sit on your cooler, even snuggle up real close
When the fire dies down a little later
And everybody's got to be headin' home
You can take me the long way, but baby, you need to know