Complications

Mine and Gavriels realtionship is complicated. We dislike eachother, love eachother, and we play games. I dont mind it.

After the little chat with Korai and her Fiance, i practically drug Gavriel back to my room.

And so here i was, arms crossed and glaring. "What the hell was that?!"

"What?" He looked back at me blankly.

"You are not the king, Gavriel." I sighed,"You realize that right?"

His eyes narrowed on me and he took a step forward closing the space between us. "Kami. " One of my many names. "I said I was sorry for leaving again, didnt I?"

I frowned. "Im not going to forgive you everytime that you say sorry for fucking up. As you very well know, I cant wait for you. Everytime you leave... You either hurt me mentally, or physically. I cant...!"

He looked away at a wall. "I know." He switched his gaze on me and hesitantly opened his arms as if for a hug. "Please... One last time... One last chance. Ive changed for the better. Im tired of hurting people,"

...Thats what he said last time...

"Come on."

And like that, I suddenly forgave him for no reason at all. We were embracing each other as i spoke the words,"One last time. Thats it."

We werent dating. We werent lovers. We had never been in bed with eachother. I dont understand why I always forgave him. I hated when he left. He really did normally hurt me in some way or fashion. But the longer he was gone... The more i missed talking to him. The more i missed sitting upside down on the couch with him tracing Zodiac signs in the air, and hear him ramble on about some scientific research or evidence about reminants of a third eye in humans noses. I always thought it was cute, especially when he realized he was rambling and apologized. The more i missed being able to show my darkest sides to him, so pitch black, i would never show anyone else. And he did the same with me. We understood each other on a different level. I knew he had his issues, i knew why he was the way he was, and he in turn let me speak whatever dark things came to my mind. I didnt really care if he was truly listening or not. It was freedom to me. He granted me that. So everytime he came back saying he had changed and wouldnt hurt me, I made him promise something new and forgave him. He was an outlet. The only person who could match my darkness, pure and simple.

"Promise me you'll be completely honest."

A nod, and he softly kissed my cheek.

Here we go again.