What We Had

*Contains profanity and slight adult themes*

July 12th, 2014

"Who are you texting?" Jax took my phone out of my hands as he was driving down the road

"Nobody important," I insisted, trying to get my phone back from him because I didn't want him going through my phone. Personal space never really meant anything to him though. He holds the phone with his left hand, driving with his right so that I can't reach the phone without pushing the hand that's driving and since we're driving down the highway, I'd rather not die. Especially not on my birthday. "Jax, give it back."

"Who the fuck is it?" He asked, glancing between the phone and the road which is very dangerous but along with personal space, he rarely ever gave a shit about safety either. It's one of the things that attracted me to him in the first place, he was such a bad boy type. With dark hair that was always kind of short and always slicked back, thin dark eyes that looked like they held the key to so many secrets. A mischievous grin that could get him both in and out of trouble. He had it all. "Who's Simon?"

"My lover," I said sarcastically, leaning back in my seat after I just gave up on getting my phone back from him until we get off of the highway. "I was sending him a picture of my tits."

"Lana," He said my name in a warning tone, like he was my father and he was about to scold me about something that I'd done wrong. "Don't fuck with me, who is this guy?"

"He's a friend," I rolled my eyes at my troublesome boyfriend. He sure was beautiful and he cared about me so much. He never respected my space but he sure as hell loved me, and I sure as hell loved him more than anything. That's why he was so invasive, because he was afraid of losing me. Although he'd never admit to that if he was asked. "We're doing a project together in French."

"You share emails with study partners," Jax drops the phone on my lap. "Not phone numbers."

"I want to fuck him," I lied to Jax just to get him riled up. I knew that he'd get so mad because he was definitely the jealous type and I loved to see that fire burning in his eyes. I knew that it was ridiculous to enjoy fighting with somebody but fighting with Jax was sometimes just how we communicated, it was how he showed me that he cared. I felt so alive just screaming at him and then having crazy makeup sex afterwards. It was like the best roller coaster on earth, one that I never wanted to get off of. "He's quiet and sweet and I'm so over your big freaking mouth."

"You really want to do this now? I'm trying to be a good boyfriend and take you out for your birthday but you really want to start a fight?" He wondered incredulously as we get off of the highway and he turns onto another busy road, the one that leads to the fancy restaurant that we're going to tonight.

"You started it by going through my phone," I defended myself. "You know that I love you and you know that I'd never do anything to hurt you so why-"