It's Not Me

"Quinn, did you bring your whole bedroom with you?" I groan as I drop the last of the boxes in her new room. It was a sorority house, so it was pretty big and she shared it with one other girl but she wasn't there yet, so it was just Quinn and I there in her room.

She shrugged her slightly light brown hair over her shoulder. "I just packed the bare minimum, Aspen, I promise."

"The bare minimum?" I repeat incredulously, looking around at her half of the pink room that was full of cardboard boxes and bedding.

My twin sister nodded. "Yep. Thanks for helping me unpack, you know that you're a lifesaver here. I don't know what I would have done if I had to unload all of this by myself."

"You probably would have died," I assured her with a teasing laugh.

"And you're probably right," She sighed, plopping down on her new bed. A group of giggling girls walked past the open door and I cringed, hating that there were so many strangers just walking around so close to us. I guess that was how you were supposed to live at a university, all close and personal with the people around you but I just couldn't do it. I was a lot more reserved than my sister. That was why I decided to go to a small and very elite art school instead of joining my sister and very best friend at the university. The art school that I was going to attend was only ten minutes away though, so we wouldn't be too far away and I planned on staying with my sister at the university for the weekend.

"Well, I'll let you get settled and start making friends. I'm going to go get dinner because I'm hungry, do you want anything?"

"Yeah, can you get me a salad?" She asked.

I nodded and then took off out of the sorority house.

"Hey, Quinn!" Somebody called from behind me as I exited the front door. I didn't feel like taking the time to explain to the girl that I wasn't Quinn, I was just her twin, so I just smiled at her politely.

"Hey," I breathed, taking off before she could start a conversation with me because like I said, Quinn was a lot more sociable than I ever was.

I didn't want to go off of campus because I knew that I'll probably get lost if I get in my car and drive, considering how clueless I am when it comes to directions, so I decide to find the Union and get something to eat in their food court. The Sorority Lane wasn't far from the large building that was the Union, so it was a quick walk through the bustle of the evening crowd. Everyone was moving into their dorms, so it was pretty hectic out there.

I felt lucky that my school didn't have dorms. CCAD, the art school that I was starting the week after that, was so small that it didn't have any dorms, it just had apartments and shuttle buses. I talked my parents into letting me get an apartment by myself because I really didn't think anything was worse than having to deal with a roommate. I had a whole week to move in there though, because CCAD didn't start up for another week, which was nice.

I got to the Union and found a Panda Express, so I decided to order Chinese and I ordered a salad for my sister as well. I obviously couldn't stay at the sorority house with Quinn though, so I was going to have dinner with her and then I planned on going back to my apartment- I'd moved in early to beat the move-in rush.  

With the bag of food hooked on my wrist, I started making my way back to Greek Row or whatever they called it.

"Quinn!" I heard somebody else call from behind me.

It was dark and there weren't very many people around, so I turned around but nobody was there. I assumed that somebody saw me and thought that I was my sister, because that happened a lot, but when there wasn't anybody there, I got kind of creeped out. I started walking a bit faster and I heard footsteps behind me. I figured that I was just being paranoid, but either way, I started running towards the right sorority house.