09

ninethe knock- 160130, busan

nine
the knock- 160130, busan

About five days had passed since she decided she wanted to completely get rid of the memory of Taehyung, and she was sure acting like she was fine. That day after she threw out everything, she came back to Jungkook sitting upright, eyes tired but focused on the door.

He questioned where she went off to with worry in his tone, not forgetting the tears he spotted gleaming in her eyes. Since he was too caught up in his troubles, he completely disregarded Hyerin even having troubles of her own.

He wasn't able to find out anything though, since for one she deemed it as unimportant before going straight to her room with a slouch of exhaustion. He didn't want to question her anymore though, since now, five days later, she acted completely fine.

She acted that way but was still struggling to feel that way. She really hated how much her heart hurt over a stupid guy, so she tried to force herself to feel fine.

So at the moment, she was kneeled down looking up at him with a small smile on her face, trying to disregard her problems and focus on his.

"Well," she started, "I'm not a doctor or anything, but it's only been nine days. So everything's most likely exactly the same." She gave him a sympathetic look and rose to her feet, plopping down next to him.

"But your face is a whole lot better, the bruises are almost all gone," she smiled, and he gave a small smile in return.

"I feel bad," he turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow, her lips down in a pout which he oddly found quite cute.

He would never want to admit it, especially in a time where he was barely getting over his ex-girlfriend, but he was beginning to look at her in a way more than just a helping friend.

It was hard not to when being in the same house alone with her for the past few days.

She's been spending so much time each day taking care of him that it'd be nearly impossible not to form a little more of a liking towards the girl. He wasn't miserable when he was around her, he realized.

"Don't feel bad. It's not like you're the one who attacked me."

"I feel bad because you look so dead," she started, and wasn't able to finish before he cut her off.

"Wow, thanks for the boost of confidence," he sarcastically grinned and leaned his head back to stare up at the ceiling.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way I don't think," she laughed and lightly hit his arm, "I mean, you're like a vegetable, you can't do much because of your broken ankle. I feel bad because you aren't able to do much and you always seem so bored." He hummed in response, a small smile painted on his lips.

"I usually don't feel all too bored since you're always beside me. Even when it's silent between us, it's still comfortable and quite enjoyable." She smiled softly to match his, before staring down at her hands.

"Well, I'm glad," she folded her hands in her lap and fell silent. She was indeed happy that he wasn't as miserable as she thought he was, it was relieving.

She stood back onto her feet, "Oh, I almost forgot. Be right back," he watched as she made her way out of the living room and into the kitchen.

She grabbed ahold of the finishing dish,  not wanting him to starve since it was already 5 p.m. She walked back into the room and Jungkook looked at her with a smile.

"Thought you'd be hungry," she say down beside him again, still holding the bowl in her hands. He began to sit up slightly with a small grunt, his body still obviously sore.

"I'm not hungry," he hasn't been all too hungry for the past couple of days, only eating a small portion of whatever she would force him to eat. She lightly rolled her eyes with a huff , and grabbed the chopsticks off the coffee table.

"You're eating whether you like it or not. I took you into this house to take care of you, do you think I'd just let you starve?" He rolled his eyes in return, but only continued to smile at her acts of kindness.

He didn't say anything and only stared, making her sigh and grab a hold of some of the noodles with the chopsticks, bringing it to his lips, "Eat."

Slowly his lips parted and quite quickly, she shoved the noodles into his mouth, "Good?"

"Good," he grumbled out between chewing, swallowing before opening his mouth for more.

Before she was able to pick up more noodles to shove in his mouth, a sudden knock on her door made her flinch. Both of their gazes made its way towards the door before back at each other.

"Hold up" she rose to her feet and shoved the bowl of noodles and chopsticks into his lap, beginning to make her way towards the door.

Once she stood directly in front of the door, she slightly hesitated. For a reason only she knew, she was suddenly nervous to open the door. It wouldn't have made her so hesitant if the peephole actually worked and she was able to see who was outside.

What if it was the person she actually began forgetting for the last few days?

She inhaled sharply before roughly calling out, hand on the handle, "Who is it?" She prayed that it wasn't going to be the familiar voice of her one and only ex lover.

The person on the other side of the door looked through the blank peephole before rolling his eyes. Right after hearing her voice, it took less than a second for him to reply, "It's me."

¯\_()_/¯