"Let's Go Home"

(Her point of view)

He flies forward into a sitting position, gawking at me. I smile through brimming tears, taking his face in my hands once again.

"You're....alive?!" he gasps. I giggle at the astonishment lacing his tone.

"As are you, little Brother."

He gasps once again, never taking his eyes off of my face.

"How?" He whispers. I shake my head.

"It is a long, long story. Perhaps better left for another time." A single tear trickles down his cheek. I wipe it away, letting my gaze burn into his.

"All that matters now is that we are alive. The battle is won, Link, and we are together." His jaw tightens at my words. He swallows harshly, allowing a slight choke of a whimper to vibrate from his chest. Then, he lunges forward, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I thought I had lost you, Christine. I thought you were dead." He sobs into my shoulder, tightening his hold on me. I do not speak a response, for my voice seems to suddenly have left me. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in as close to me as possible. We remain like this for some time, sharing our moment of joyful tears. Eventually, I feel his lift his head from my shoulder.

"You seem so different," he whispers. I giggle again at his response. He gazes into my eyes before taking my face in his hands. My wings flutter at my sides, rustling against the ground. His eyes widen as he notices their movements.

"So it is true, then. What Loki said was true. You are..." I go to stand whilst holding out my hand for him to follow. He takes it before moving to his feet. As he does, I bring his hand in closer the center of my chest.

"Yes, Link. It is true. I am the daughter of Adrielle, our guardian. I was born half angelic being and half Medinian. What Loki spoke of is all true." His eyes widen once more.

"You still look like you, though. In here." He brings a hand up and grazes the skin just beneath each of my eyes.

"I still see the same beautiful, stubborn, willful woman here. My little sister." I cup his face, smiling through more threatening tears.

"And you are still the same overbearing, obnoxiously loud brother."

He laughs at my reply then turns to look at my wings as they flitter at my sides.

"May I?" he asks. I laugh quietly before bringing my left wing up and over to him. I spread my feathers, allowing them to reflect the beaming sunlight. He reaches out a hand, grazing their surface with his fingertips. I giggle at the ticklish sensation. It feels almost identical to when Loki runs his fingers through my hair. So pleasant and soothing. It feels incredible.

"Amazing..." he whispers in bewilderment.

"So it was not a dream," he says quietly. A more serious expression molds across his face before his hand continues to further pet my wing. I feel my eyebrow rising in question at his words.

"As I lay fading, Loki came to my side to offer me words of comfort. I happened to glance over his shoulder, and I saw you. You looked so different that at first, I did not know for certain who you were. You were breath taking in the blazing skyline. Then, as I saw that you possessed enormous white wings, I was sure that I was dreaming." He pauses to take in a deep breath, studying my feathers in awe.

"You were looking off into the distance with a small child at your side. A girl. She looked oddly familiar." He allows his hand to rest down at his side before squaring his shoulders in my direction. He looks slightly baffled as he reminisces his recent memory. My heart flutters. I smile, shaking my head in an aura of disbelief.