Imprinting

As Charlie watched his game, Bella started to worry about wether or not Elsa had gotten lost in the forest. Just then, there was a knick at the door, and Bella heard Charlie gasp hard.

"ELSA!!" He gasped as Jacob carried her in his arms. "BELLA GET A COLD CLOTH!!" He yelled out of the room. "Jake? What happened to her?" He asked, a frantic look on his face. He was hoping unlike with Bella, Elsa would not be so accident prone.

"I was on my way over to see Bella, when I saw her being chased by a wolf." He said, not mentioning it was him. "I guess she fainted from shock..."

As Bella walked in with the cold cloth, she knew Jacob's story was only half-true. "bring her to my room Jake. I'll take care of her there." She said. "Dad, don't worry, she just needs some rest. Go back to your game." She said as she followed Jake upstairs.
                ******************
After they were out of earshot of Charlie, Bella asked Jake for the real story. She knew he was the wolf, she just couldn't figure out why Jake told her so soon into seeing her after so long.

As Jake told the story, he couldn't help but keep looking at Elsa to make sure she was okay. "Bella... remember when i told you about imprinting? " he asked, holding Elsa's hand tight.

As Bella nodded and thought about it for a moment, she remembered how Jake said it was like love at first sight, that couldn't be helped. Then she gasped. She glanced at Elsa and then met Jake's eyes as he nodded.
"When I looked into her scared blue eyes, it just clicked." He said, stroking her hair. "I thought it would never happen. Then she came along and stole my heart."

As Bella realised to what Jake was implying (read Twilight and New Moon to get this reference) she sighed hard. She had at one point hoped that Jake would imprint on another wolf like him, but somehow Elsa seemed to be the right person for him. Even if she was only human.

"Hey Bells?" Jake looked at her with solemn eyes. "You think Charlie would mind if I crashed here for a bit? Just until Elsa wakes up?" He asked, a 'please let me stay' look in his eyes.

Bella nodded and smiled. "Sure Jake. I'm sure Charlie would love someone to watch the game with for once." She said as she walked out of the room. "Don't worry Jake. She will be fine." She said as she closed the door and went to her living room and sat by Charlie.

Jake smiled and layed beside Elsa, listening closely to her shallow breaths. He finally found someone perfect for himself. She had looks, and as far as the love for wolves went, he could tell she would become an animal lover, if she already wasn't one.