You Can't Die

Jen's POV
It was 4:00 a.m and we were getting ready to go to the private jet to fly back to Louisville to see my brother. It's so crazy how one week you can be perfectly fine and happy and healthy. And bam you could be on your last limb of living. I was so worried last night, I couldn't stop thinking about Blaine. I just don't get why so many horrible things happy to amazing people. I will honestly never understand that. The girls were being absolute angels this morning considering it was 4:00 a.m. On the other hand Josh and I were dead. We looked horrible we got no sleep. We weren't in the best moods either.

"Josh you ready to go?"

"Yeah, do we have everything?" He asked.
I'm pretty sure we do. I have two bags and he has one. And I put most of the girls stuff in my bag.

"Yeah! Let's go we can't be late."

We were heading into the private Jet. So many memories floated around in here. We got settled and took off.

"Joshy remember when I spilled yogurt all over myself in 2013."

"Yeah! Oh my god. That was hilarious, I can still smell it.." He said.
We all laughed.

*louisville airport parking (😂)
I was so nervous. Seeing someone you love so much, in pain is the worst thing ever. We were about five minutes from the hospital... How was I going to live with myself knowing he wasn't okay.

We walked through the hospital doors. And everything just instantly changed. Something just didn't seem right. The workers looked heart broken. The mood felt sad.

I was holding Paige and Josh was holding Chloe.. We walked into the room, my brother hooked up to so many things. He was dying. I was going to lose him. His face was horribly beat up. Tubes were hooked up to him everywhere. I broke down in tears, I had to hand Paige to my mom.

"Blaine.. Please stay strong." I said. I know he can't here me. He's in a coma. He won't be waking up... "I love you so much! You have to stay. You can't leave. Why did this have to happen to you.?"

He was such an amazing person.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Chloe asked.

"Mommy is just a little sad right now." I heard Josh.

I turned around and Chloe was holding Josh's hand. I bent down and held my arms out and she came running into my arms.

"Mommy will always love you, don't forget that baby girl."
She hugged me tighter and giggled. I don't know what I would do without Chloe and Paige..

I picked her up and went to Josh and we all hugged. My parents were standing by Blaine.

And that's when I heard the sound no one wants to hear. When the ventilator has no movement and goes straight. Blaine is dead.

"Josh please take the girls out." I said. I didn't want them to see me break down. I didn't want them to see the weak part of me. I cried so much. I just lost a best friend. Someone who believed in me.. He's dead.

The nurses rushed in and covered Blaine. It was all so fast. My heart was racing. I didn't want to believe what had just happened. They took him out and the room was empty just me and my parents.

"Where is my family?" I asked.

"Jen they're in the lobby."
I was running down to get to the lobby, I ran into to Josh's arms. I kissed him. My legs wrapped him. I cried.

"Josh don't ever leave me.."

"Jen don't worry I will never leave you."

"I love you so much." We said at the same time.

We waited in the lobby for my parents to finish talking to the doctors. I starred at the obnoxious t.v commercials. I finally go up and went to the bathroom to clean off my face.
My mascara had smeared as well as my eyeliner to. I whipped it off and went back to the lobby. My parents were standing I front of Josh with my moms head rested on my dads Shoulder.

"Let's go sweetheart." My mom said.

We walked to the car and headed back to my parents house. The car ride was very quiet, the girls were asleep. I just looked out the window or at Josh. And shredded a few tears.

I was holding the girls' hand and Josh got our stuff. I walked back to my bedroom with Josh and the girls. We didn't know how sleeping arrangements were going to be, but I knew I couldn't sleep alone. My bed could only fit two people comfortably. My parents offered to us sleep in their room which had a king size bed. I ended up agreeing. I just needed to know that I was with my husband and my children and that they were safe.

I was un packing some of our things because I didn't know how long we were going to be here. The funeral was going to be this weekend. But the process of that is going to be so crazy and I don't need to have Chloe and Paige with us while we are doing that stuff and I didn't know who was going to be able to watch them I was so stressed. It's like my parents didn't care. It's like they were disappearing. But I knew this was effecting them too...

I went into the bathroom to remove my makeup and brush my teeth. And also brush the girls' teeth. I put them in there pajamas and read them a book to sleep. Josh came in and got in bed. I was laying on my stomach and I was looking at Josh's amazing smile.

I cried myself to sleep...

I am lowkey making my fanfic sadder and sadder by the chapter ... Like what have I done :( hope you enjoyed¡! I apologize for not posting every other day like I had planned.
—thgmoments 🌸