A Death Worth Dying

I was scared when I heard gun shots go off. Two shots to be exact.

It sounded like it was close so I ran to see what it was. Upon approaching the room I heard Titus speak with his voice yell "WAR!"

Hearing this I increased my speed. Hoping it had nothing to do with Clarke, but I knew. I knew it was Clarke. I could only hope I got time to stop him before Clarke got hurt. I don't think I could bare to go threw the loss again.

Finally reaching the door, I saw Clarke on my right in the corner of the room. One look in her eyes told me she was scared to death. None of them had noticed I was there yet.

"Titus!" I yelled, almost screaming his name.

"Heda..." He said as he looked at me, his eyes like a deer in headlights.

"What are you doing." I commanded him to tell me.

"She's your weakness. She'll get you killed." He said getting angrier with each word.

Before I could say anything else, he raised the gun and aimed at Clarke who was looking at Titus with fear in her eye, that only I could see. 

Before I could blink I heard a loud bang, not think of anyone else but Clarke, I jumped. Letting the bullet hit me instead of its intended mark, I laid on the floor knowing I was going to die.

I may die, but I saved Clarke. I would do it again if I had the choice. My only regret would be leaving Clarke alone.

"Heda...." Titus said Looking shocked and scared while falling to his knees.

"No!" Clarke screamed rushing to my side. "Help me get her to the bed!" She said panicking, while still knowing what to do.

Titus picked me up and carried me to the bed close by. The pain from the bullet radiated and intensified as Titus laid me on the bed.

"What have I done?" He said, Paying no attention to him the only things I could think about was Clarke and the extreme pain in my chest.

"I need something to stop the bleeding!" Clarke called out, I could hear the panic in her voice, "Lie still, okay? Lie still!" She told me.

"Don't be afraid." I said trying to comfort her and give her strength like Gustus did when I had to kill him for trying to protect me, but by doing so I had to take his life. As this will take mine.

"Your going to be fine." She said trying to convince herself I would be.

"Stay still." She said as Titus gave her something to stop my bleeding. By now I could barley see or think of anything but Clarke. It was getting hard to breath but I needed to stay wake, for Clarke.

Clarke ripped of my shirt to help stop the bleeding, as I struggled to keep breathing, feeling the blood in my lungs. Stay Awake, I told myself. For Clarke, Stay Awake!

"She's.....to much blood." I heard Clarke say missing half of it because it took everything in me to keep my breathing steady.

"Stay with me." I heard her whisper under her breath. "What the hell is that?" She asked who I assume was Titus. Who was most likely getting the supplies to transfer my spirit. "Titus, What are you doing." She said the worry apparent in her shaky voice.

"I will fix you. Just stay with me." Clarke said looking at me. If I could I would smile, Clarke tries to fix everything. Even something that can't be fixed. Memories came back to me as she tried to talk me out of the fight with Roan. That's the day I knew there was hope between us. That's when I knew she still loved me. The day I knew there was still hope for me to be happy.