I meet "the gang".

I stared at him, then he cleared his throat and pointed to his two companions. "This is Piper, my girlfriend" the pretty Cherokee girl had chocolate brown hair that was cut choppy and uneven, with thin strands braided down the sides and eyes that seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope. "And this is my best friend Leo". Leo looked like a Latino Santa's elf, with curly black hair, pointy ears, a cheerful, babyish face, and a mischievous smile.  I nodded my head in hello and said "Percy Jackson, pleasure." Jason smiled , "The pleasure is all mine. Tell me Percy, what exactly are you doing here? I mean this earth is crawling with flesh eating zombies, yet you seem not to care." I chuckled, "I just came looking for some resources, I have been traveling for a while. I heard radio broadcasts about a safe house for survivors here in New York, figured I've been alone for so long, it would be nice to find companions." Piper smiled and stepped forward "That would've been us, we have been trying to reach others for the past few months trying to get as much survivors as possible. You are more than welcome to join us, right guys?" the two guys nodded, "I'm sure someone with your set of skills could be extremely valuable to our team, Annabeth will be pleased to gain another member." Leo smiled and said, "Come lets go back to base, I need to see my girl. The ladies love Leo, and I can't keep them waiting." I laughed and followed them as they walked back to their home, wondering if I had finally found the beginnings of a family.