TEASER...

MANIK'S POINT OF VIEW-

It was a Sunday afternoon and I had planned to watch a romantic English movie with my wife... Yes, I knew TITANIC was about to come on HBO today and with that I had some hopes that she would understand something... I was heading towards my bedroom and on the stairs called out to her... "Hey Nandini finish your work soon, let's watch the movie together, its gonna start in 10 minutes... I am coming back in 5 ..." She smiled back at me and bobbed her head in a yes...

I quickly went to my bedroom and put on my white t-shirt and tracks and then sprayed my favorite perfume... of course I had to smell good, what if she sits away from me if I didn't smell good... I quickly went and brushed my teeth and then popped a mint just in case we kiss... I quickly set my hair and looked into the mirror last time before I went downstairs...

I rushed downstairs and was murmuring to myself... "Thank God, there is no one at home today... Manik you got to give her the hint today, come on be a man... You can do it... Yes you can..."

I kept encouraging myself by saying it and then reached the living area to switch on the T.V... I settled on the couch and then checked on Nandini... "Nandini where are you??? Come fast..."

Nandini- Manik, just 5 minutes... I am getting popcorns for us...

Her mellifluous voice always had smitten me and the flight of my thoughts took off to some other world... The microwave alarm got me out of my thoughts and I took a deep breath... "I just hope she understands what I am thinking..." And that made me blush...

She bobbed her face out from kitchen and said she is coming... She came with a bowl of popcorns and smiled at me... Whenever she smiled only one song used to play in my mind...

Pehle Nasha, Pehle Khumaar, naya payar hai, naya intezaar...

And I used to imagine I was Aamir Khan and she would just come to me running into my arms... I kept staring at her like a fool who was so mesmerized by seeing his HEROINE walking towards him... I kept daydreaming and didn't realize that she had tapped on my shoulder twice and then she snapped her fingers in front of my eyes, which broke my trance.

Nandini- Manik what happened...

I cleared my throat to hide my nervousness and said..."Aaah...vohhh... nothing... Come sit..." I indicated her to sit next to me and she first curled her eyebrows and then smiled... I let out a sigh as not being caught by her... She passed me the popcorn bowl and we started munching them...

I must be the first husband who was using a movie to hint his wife what he wanted... The movie started with telling about Titanic and I thought of striking a conversation with my wife... "Have you watched it before???"

Nandini- no, not completely... Just some parts of it... All my friends suggested me to watch it...

I was silently getting happy about it and was eagerly waiting for the initial few minutes of history and other scenes to go away and the Love Story to start off...

But, my intelligent wife started to narrate of what she knew about Titanic and its history with utmost excitement... And I just hummed about it and smiled... Nandini was completely immersed in the movie and I was feeling a bit restless with her interest more in the movie and its historical details than on me...

Can you believe what she was doing... she was watching the film and simultaneously searching for articles related to TITANIC on Google...

I was feeling that it wasn't a romantic film but a history show we were watching together like 2 excavators... I mean who does that and the answer was in front of me- MY WIFE can...