Chapter 21

Okay, so it is New Years Eve Eve night now. Did you understand that? Well, I guess I'll make this chapter extend into New Years Eve also, so just follow along and you will hopefully get everything! I apologize for the short last chapter!

*                     *                     *                     *

           "Oh, and I was meaning to tell you! Ron invited me to their place for New Years", Hermione tells her parents over dinner that evening. "That is great, Honey", Mrs. Granger says, "He really is a sweet boy". Hermione blushes slightly, "He's alright, I guess". "You both seem very close", Her mum adds. "I'm leaving tomorrow morning", Hermione says, trying to ignore her. "And how long will you be away", her father asks? "I think I'm going to stay there for the rest of break", Hermione replies. "Are you packed", her mum questions? Hermione nods. "Well, leave us a note if you decide to leave before we wake. And at least try to get some sleep tonight".

*                     *                     *                     *

            Hermione wakes up the next morning happy, but she can't remember why. Then she sees the note from Ron on her nightstand and jumps up. She looks at her clock and sees that it is only 6:30. Hermione goes to her closet and finds her flannel shirt, brown boots, and blue skinny jeans (all in pic above). She puts the earrings and necklace away in her school bag, but wears the locket.

'Dear Mum and Dad,
I'm leaving for Ron's, so don't be worried!
           Hermione'

She tapes the note to her door, takes her clothes to the restroom, and takes a shower before brushing her hair and apparating to the Burrow with her bags.

* * * *

"Oh, Hermione dear, nice to see you", Mrs. Weasley says, already in the kitchen preparing breakfast. "Hello, I'm assuming they're all asleep", Hermione replies? "You can wake them, if you don't mind, breakfast is almost ready". Hermione nods and climbs up the stairs, carrying her luggage with her. She taps on Harry and Ron's door, but there is no response so she opens it slightly.

* * * *

She sits herself on the end of Ron's bed. "Time to wake up", she whispers, shaking him. He pulls the covers over his head and groans, "Mum, just five more minutes". "Ron Weasley, I woke up quite early so I could be here. But if you don't want me to bother you, I guess I could just-", she teases. He moves the covers and sees Hermione. He attacks her with a hug, "I've missed you". "So you don't want me to leave", she jokes? "Never", he whispers, giving her a light kiss on the lips. "Hermione, is that you", Harry murmurs, barely awake. She pulls away, "Yes, I've come in here to wake you both up. Well, I'm going to wake Ginny now".

* * * *

She meets Ginny halfway up the stairs. "Hermione", she gives her a big hug. "I loved the gift you got me", Hermione tells her. "Are Percy and George awake yet", Ginny asks? Hermione shakes her head no and Ginny yells, "Percy, George, get down down here you gits"! Hermione laughs.

* * * *

"You haven't visited the joke shop yet, Hermione. I'm surprised, seeing as-", George begins, but Ron kicks his shin under the table. "-you used to come so often". Hermione raises an eyebrow, but laughs, "After I finish the school year, I'll be sure to visit all the time".