15. Sindria

The day for us to travel to Sindria had finally come. The sun was shining high in the sky as we packed the last of our items.

"I'm coming too!" a shrill voice rung through the air. Princess Kougyoku was running towards us, bags in hand, looking all too flustered.

"Alright then, Kougyoku," Alibaba replied in a cheery tone.

Judar's eyes skimmed over me and then landed on Kougyoku who was now standing before us, panting heavily. "We don't have room for you," he told her in a stern tone.

Her eyes darted up to meet his as she rebutted, "There's plenty of room!" She then glanced at me, her entire body straightening up at the sight of me. "We'll all fit," she insisted calmly.

Judar looked at me once more. I gave him a short nod before leaving to help Hakuryuu with his packing.

-----

The ride to Sindria was smooth. We arrived at sunset, just as the festival lights had been lit.

"Kind Sinbad is already tending to matters at the festival. If you wish to meet with him, you can find him there," one of the palace servants informed us after packing our things away.

"Go ahead and get ready for the festival then," Judar instructed me. I nodded as the group broke, each person heading to their assigned quarters to prepare for the festival.

Once the sun was no longer visible in the sky, I was ushered by a palace servant towards the town. I was told that my group had already headed for the town to attend the festival. Sindria was small but incredibly beautiful. I took in the sights as I followed behind the palace servant. Lights were hung from building to building, lighting up the different festival stalls and vendors as they made last minute preparations.

-----

Once at the festival, Alibaba had split with the group in hopes of finding Aladdin. Judar and Hakuryuu remained behind to wait for Mei. They exchanged small talk about Sindria and the festival until a woman approached them. She was wearing a long white skirt with slits up the sides that exposed her long legs. Her midriff was only covered by fluttering tassels that hung freely from the top half of her gown. A bejeweled headband sat atop her head like a crown and her long white hair fell like water around her body.

Hakuryuu's face flushed red at the sight of the maiden before them.

"You clean up pretty well, Princess," Judar said, his tone surprisingly not teasing for once. I only rolled my eyes at him before stepping closer.

"This country is beautiful," I said, glancing at the town around us.

"Sure is," Judar said but his eyes never lifted from me. I felt the hot blush spreading across my cheeks at his words. "Seriously though. Dressed like that, I'd have to admit that even I'd have the hots for you. King moron doesn't stand a chance negotiating with you," he said, strumming his fingers along my bare shoulders. "He's up in a private box watching the festivities begin. Why don't you go introduce yourself," he said, giving me a gentle push.

I nodded and shuffled through the crowd towards Kind Sinbad's private box.

Hakuryuu watched in silence as Mei left them. "How lucky I've been to see such a beautiful girl," he said, his face still flushed red.

Judar scoffed, "Oh yeah? Well, I've seen her naked."

Hakuryuu's jaw dropped as his eyes darted to meet Judar's smug grin.

-----

Music began playing as the festival came to life. Laughter filled the air as the people around began their merriment.