21. Downfall of a Queen

The shadows melted away as the flames spread wildly about. The Dark Djinn had been no match for Kouen and I.

"Alibaba, Aladdin. Finish combing through the town for any civilians that have been left behind. See to it that they escape safely," Kouen instructed. He gaze then shifted to Judar, eyeing him over skeptically. "Magi, who is in charge of these attacks?" He asked in an authoritative tone.

"I get the feeling you already know who gave the orders," Judar scoffed. "As far as leading the troops here, I couldn't say for sure. I do know who I should be looking out for though," he said, his mouth twisting into a bitter smile. He clutched his bloodied arm and I noticed the cut had dwindled down into a a thick scar.

(Healing magic, maybe?)

I was abruptly pulled from my thoughts by Kouen's stern command. "Find whoever it is then. I'm not familiar with the priests. Take the girl with you," He said, nodding in my direction.

(I have a name...)

I scowled lightly but followed his orders, placing myself next to Judar.

It was decided that Kouen and Kouha would remain and ward off any remaining soldiers in the area while Kougyoku met up with Jafar and Hakuryuu. Alibaba and Aladdin were to transport any remaining townspeople while Judar and I tracked down whoever had led the attack force here from Kou. The group split and I followed Judar through the town.

We searched the area, stumbling upon our man in question all too easily. Just as before, I found myself with Judar, encircled by hordes enemy soldiers.

(We don't have time for more of this nonsense.)

I gripped my sword, reciting the magic I'd used many times before in my past. I focused on the amount of water held in the human body before switching my gaze onto the troops around us. I was almost overwhelmed with excitement as I summoned Aleia's power.

The entire mob of soldiers dropped their weapons immediately, clutching at their bodies as if they were being ripped apart. One by one, each man fell, water bursting through their flesh and out onto the ground. Within seconds, the first layer of soldiers lie dead in the puddles of liquid that once inhabited their bodies. The remaining waves of soldiers watched in terror, their gazes all fearfully landing on me.

"What the hell just happened," Judar asked, staring at the fresh corpses that surrounded us.

"Aleia's special attack. I mastered it long ago. It extracts the water from the human body, leaving a withered corpse looking like a popped balloon," I informed him.

"How gruesome," he muttered. "I recall you doing the same to a giant beetle back in a dungeon," he smirked.

(That's right! I nearly killed myself in the process too. And when I awoke, we were hiding out from Kenna's familiars... Which reminds me...)

I suddenly remembered that Kenna wielded Life Magic as well. With curiosity getting the better of me, I held out my hand. The soldiers all shrunk back in fear, watching cautiously. "Kenna, Hades Cane," I said quietly. In an instant, chains extended from the ring on my finger, burning furiously through the air. At the ends of the chains, huge dog-like creatures howled and jutted about, flames flickering from their bodies as they rustled against one another.

(I count three large hell hounds. Kenna's familiars.)

I mock struggled to keep the hounds tame and the soldiers readied themselves to run.

"Stay where you are and fight!" a voice boomed through the air. "They're merely dogs," the man continued. I directed my gaze towards the voice and saw the man standing a top a small platform behind his soldiers. Behind him were two Dark Djinn, looming menacingly over us.