Chapter 19: Have You Ever Seen The Rain

"Power?" I huff out. I had no idea what to think about this, especially when it came to what Castiel was saying. I still didn't know jack-squat about the angels and their ways, with an exception to the little information Castiel has taught me over the months in bits and pieces. It was like they were speaking alien to me.

"Yes." Lucifer starts to pace around in circles. "And you are my little Energizer bunny, remember?"

"I'm your power?" I ask incredulously but my own energy was feeling like it was being drained at the source. "I don't even know what the fuck that means!"

"Whoa, language, little one." He raises his hands up in defense with a scoff. "It simply means that you are my supply of energy, you were made to be my lifeline of restored grace. Like a pack of batteries so you can charge me up whenever I need you."

"Charge..." Why did this all seem so familiar? Whatever he was saying made no sense but I just had to role with it to get more answers out of him. Like Gabe said: roll with it. "Why am I your charge? Why not anyone else? This doesn't make any sense."

"Because that's the way it has to be." His words got to me and echoed around my head. It had to be this way? But I didn't understand why.

"Being an angel's charge is more than just being a 'pack of batteries', Leo. It's a shared energy between man and angel. A human's soul connected to an angel, to share a special bond." Castiel gets up off the ground with the help of the two other humans. They place his arms over their shoulders to keep him standing on his own two feet; I could tell that he was super worn down and beat up from the punches he recieved.

I didn't feel any "special bond" between Lucifer and I; it was more like hatred and awkwardness. What he did to the Winchesters... I couldn't let go of my anger this quickly. I would need some time to settle myself. As for what he did to me, well, I didn't really care anymore. I just had to make sure the others were safe from harm, that's it.

Priorities, people. Priorities.

"He's right." Lucifer scrunched up his nose in disgust becasue he was agreeing with another angel. Wow, how many eons ago when he last saw his siblings and he still hates them and humanity? I mean, I get it was a big deal for him and all, but forgive and forget, right?

Grudge keeper... I think to myself but I had no room to say this because I didn't know where any thought of his came from. I also held a grudge against the demon who killed my family for so long but Dean told me a while back that they had ganked him, which I guess means "killed". I couldn't hold a grudge against a deadman. There would no peace for the restful if that was the case. No use thinking about that demon ever again, but think about what was directly in front of me. Something a lot more dangerous than a demon.

The Devil himself.

As he crossed his arms over his chest, Ex-angel leans back onto the broken window and bent bars behind him to study us easier. "But in addition to your own energy that your soul has given off all ready, which, by the way, is not a whole lot, I also needed the power from other souls but that was only to make my way here so I wouldn't burn my makeshift vessel out. Your energy wasn't enough so I had to take more, since you couldn't provide all of it. Need a lot of gas to start this engine."

"Other souls-?" I begin but stop when I realized that there was no noise out from other patients and doctors, no more screaming and crying. There hadn't been since the flash of light. I began to put pieces together until my mouth hung open in horror.