V.0.1 - Valkyria

Currently, a party of five players struggle to survive against a level 75 boss monster inside the raid dungeon called “Zhirum’s Labyrinth”. 

Normally, 5 players wouldn't be enough to take down a high-level boss monster with more than 4 HP bars—which is probably equivalent to 500 to 1 million points of HP in terms of numbers. Raid dungeons are meant to be cleared with a maximum of 12 players. Doing so with less than half of the required number is an indication that the players are either stupid or really confident in going up against the monster.

Similar to most MMO's, each member of the party has his role in defeating the boss:

A Warden, usually positioned in the front line, soaks in the most damage while a Striker attacks the boss at close range with brute force. A Sharpshooter snipes the boss from a platform 350 meters away from the party. The party’s Void Mage uses Area of Effect magic to inflict magical damage to the main enemy and the minions with it.

The last member is in-charge of healing, bequeathing the party with offensive and defensive buffs, and reviving them whenever a party member dies.

This person stands behind the frontlines as the party’s Cleric.

Five members of the raid party continue fighting a Labyrinth Guardian standing before them, its body covered in metallic armor.

The Labyrinth Guardian raised its gigantic axe above its head, going for a full swing towards the first person it set as a target. Rocke, the Warden blocked the attack with his shield while absorbing ¼ of the overall damage in the process, and then Erkhand, the Striker, ran past the Warden with a powerful lunge, using his two-handed sword towards the giant.

As if it had anticipated Erkhand’s attack, the Labyrinth Guardian parried, minimizing its damage, but was still knocked back five meters away. The Guardian seized its chance for a counterattack and punched Erkhand and Rocke.

Reflexively, the Cleric, Arst raised his wand up in the sky, chanting a 3-word magic spell.

“Lyseria, Niwai, Rumie!

A soothing green aura engulfed both Rocke and Erkhand, returning their HP bar to full health. 

“Thanks!”

“Nice support!” Rocke and Erkhand gave him a “thumbs up” emoticon for healing them.

Afterwards, for 3 seconds, a storm of arrows from above fly towards the monster, dealing small damage per arrow. The initial barrage was followed by a combination of a piercing shot that ignores defense, a magic-infused arrow that explodes on impact, and an arrow aimed at the monster’s head. The final attack managed to inflict a critical hit and a temporary stun.

The Labyrinth Guardian roared, and then turned around to look for its Meio, the Sharpshooter, making its attention go elsewhere. Fortunately for its “unknown” attacker, this boss monster have limited field of view. It can neither search nor attack any player for more than 100 meters. It wasn't before long before his aggro shifted back to Rocke. 

While receiving another barrage of arrows from afar, the Striker relentlessly attacked the guardian with his devastating two-handed sword skills. Erkhand freely attacked the boss due to its delays in switching aggro and the period of inactivity that came with it.

All of a sudden, a purple spell circle appeared below the boss monster. The person beside the Cleric is also encircled in the same purple glow, albeit a bit smaller than the Guardian’s. Like the Cleric, the girl distances herself from the front line, but their roles are totally different. While Clerics are defensive support players…

Kaline the Void Mage’s role is of an offensive support player. 

“Time Lag!!”

Kaline’s spell circle glowed brighter when she chanted the skill name, englufing the boss monster by the light, culminating with completely stopping its movement.