Chapter 4

*On the way to the X-Factor auditions*

Cassandra's POV

"Is it okay that I feel like I'm going to vomit?" I laughed as Grace's grip tightened on my arm.

"Hey! Loosen the grip a little why don't you? I'm driving and it's completely normal. It's just your nerves." I said and she nodded her head taking her hand off my arm.

"I hope that I make it through the auditions....." I laugh and she gives me a "what the fuck" face.

"If you don't make it through they clearly have poor judgement of talent." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"You have to say that. You're my best friend." She said and I frown. Is she being seriously?

"I don't have to say anything. If I thought you sucked I would tell you." I inform her and she gives me a small smile before twiddling her thumbs. She directed all attention since that point to her thumbs as I drove the rest of the way.

"Grace we're here." I said and she got out of the car without making eye contact with me or saying a word.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I got out and made my way over to her.

"I'm nervous that's all." She said and I hugged her.

"You'll do fine. You know what, better then fine! You know why? Because I believe in you. Now man up, go out there, and knock their socks off." She looked up at me with a tears forming.

"That means a lot to me. Thank you." She said wiping away the tears and making her way over to the registration table. I follow close behind as she gives them the information they ask for. I scan the crowd in the surrounding area until my eyes see a familiar set of curls.

Holy 

Fucking

Shit.       

"Hey Grace, i'll wait inside." I said as I rushed to the entrance and to the nearest bathroom.  I look at my self in the mirror and tug at my brown wavy hairy. Why would he be here? When he trended #goodluckgrace  I was not expecting the asshole to show up. He better not try and talk to me, that's if he even recognizes me. Wait why am I even worrying? He hates me so he wouldn't wanna come anywhere near me. I leave the bathroom to see Grace standing at the enterance examing the room. I run over to her and she smiles holding up a card with the numbers "232677" . (Sound familar (; if you don't get it then look back to the boy's X-Factor audition. Only hint I'm giving you)

"I think we have awhile to wait." She said and we laughed as she put the sticker with the numbers on her shirt.

"Let's get a seat before we're left without one." I said as we examined the lobby of the 02 arena until we found a few empty seats in the corner. All of a sudden a guy came up to her with a camera crew and a microphone.

"Hello love, may we interview for when the auditions go on TV next week?" He asked and she nodded her head standing up while I watched.

"What do I need to say?" She asked as she fixed her hair.

"Your first and last name, your age, a little bit about yourself, and why you decided to audition." He said and she nodded her head as the camera guy gave her the cue to start. The guy stood next to her and held the microphone to her face.

" Hi i'm Grace Drames from Minnesota and I'm 19 years old. I used to work for the fashion company 'Jack Wills'. I decided to audition because my friend Cassandra forced me too." She said and I busted out laughing causing the camera to turn in my direction.