Chapter 6, "Break you open"

A storm from Cloudsdale just arrive the next morning. Ink Rose was out and didn't expect the storm. But she's been gone for hours. Firebrand was just staring from the inside. Watching the rain drop down at its high speed. Sounds of thunder rumbling loudly from its distance.

"She's been gone for a long time," Keyframe said as she walked up to him. "We need to find her."
Firebrand nodded, "Yeah. Have the others watch Morning shine and Circus blossom for a while."
"Already on that." GoldenFox announced as he was with them exactly. Keyframe and Firebrand both smiled at him. GoldenFox smiled back.

"Lets get ready." Keyframe suggested as she looked back at Firebrand. "Alright." Firebrand nodded. A few moments later, Firebrand and Keyframe were outside in the storm. Wearing warm jackets to keep them from the cold storming rain. Scarfs too. Keyframe had a bag with the same thing but for when they find Ink. Eventually they were in the everfree forest.

Firebrand noticed something from not far. And then gasped. "Keyframe! I found her!" He said and ran up to her. Keyframe turned her gaze, "what?!" She replied as he followed her. Both Firebrand and Keyframe ran up to Ink. Who looked unconscious on the ground and. . .a tree crashed onto her wing.

They both rushed up to her. Quickly getting the tree off of her wing. She looked badly hurt. Both of her eyes were closed. But she was still breathing. "She's unconscious. Lets bring her in immediately." Keyframe said. Just hours later, they were finally back at the house. Ink was resting on the couch. Her wing wrapped up to heal no longer than a while.

"I'm sorry. ." Firebrand murmured. Standing next to Ink as she rests on the couch for a little bit. She then begun slowly opening her eyes. But her vision seemed a bit blurred. Till they were just half open. Firebrand saw her wake. He sighed in relief, then smiled.

Her vision slowly made out figures. Though, she seemed to be weak at the moment. A bit of blood seemed to drip down. Besides her wing, looks like she was wounded badly from the tree fall. "I'll heal her." Keyframe said calmly. "Go and rest Firebrand."

Firebrand said nothing and just walked into his room. Before he could close the door, Morning shine was at his door. "Dad?" He said, groaning a bit. His hair a bit all over the place. Firebrand turned around, "yes?" He replied. "What happened to mom?" Morning shine asked. Firebrand sighed, "don't worry about it. Your mother is fine. Just go back to bed."

"Oh. Okay." Morning shine groaned again and went back to his room. Where his little sister was fast asleep. Firebrand closed his door with his magic, then getting under his sheets. He turned around, looking at the window. The heavy rain pushing the trees. Some thunder roaring in a distance. Then, Firebrand drifted to sleep. Still worrying about Ink, his team, his son and daughter, and his family.