❦ Chapter 2 - Interaction

Chapter 2

   "It's kinda hard seeing from the back of this classroom," he leaned back in his chair and gave me a small smile. "I hope a chick like yourself can handle it." He observed me. I didn't like it one bit. "By the way, my real name isn't Harold." He continued. "Wow, I'm only 3 inches away from you and you're really cold.."

   "Harry, you're annoying the girl," a girl in front of us with blonde hair tittered. "I'm Emma. Fancy meeting an American round here. Baybridge High is a cool place if you befriend people unlike this one," she narrowed her eyes at Harry. "Also the only school in this range that doesn't have to wear school uniform." She found it hard giving me eye contact as my eyes stared back at her. She ignored the feeling in her gut and offered another smile. People and their smiling.

   "Oh c'mon, I can be friendly. After all, she doesn't have to be friendly to me. She is the one who saved me and Gemma from the robbery yesterday."

   "Well you just gave the girl an excuse to pound on you now," she grinned. She processed the rest of his words and her eyes widened. Her gaze went back to me. "Do you realise how famous that makes you round here now?" She snapped her head towards the teacher and then back to me. "Like, super famous! Everyone's on the news about you saving Gemma and Harry, they have no idea who you are!"

   "Shh!" Someone called from in the middle of the room.

   "Piss off!" She whispered/yelled back.

   "Em, I think being questioned about this mystery girl must remain a mystery. I'm not the kind of person to reveal people like that." Harry casually stated. "I wouldn't want to show off Wren here if she didn't want to be." I looked tiredly towards Harry who had a sly smirk on his face. He grins at me and focused back on Emma.

   "Niall babe, this is the girl everyone was talking about yesterday. The one who saved Harry and Gemma from the robbery that everyone was talking about on the news," she rapidly patted another blonde with dark roots sitting next to her. He turned around confused and his eyes met mine.

   "New girl?" he asks. Weird. His accent seemed to be slightly different.  "I didn't know. Nice to meet you." The more he spoke, the more I focused on his accent. It was definitely Irish, no doubt about it. I nod again. It won't be long until I nod more. "You don't talk very much, do you? I could never go a day without talking to anyone." His stare on me was abnormal. Then again, so was my eye colour.

   "You could never go a day without talking, period." Emma chuckled. Niall faked offense and clutched a hand to his heart. "Kidding," She kissed his cheek, causing him to turn a scarlet.

   "C'mon love, atleast say one word." Harry patted my seat while leaning into his chair in the process. I shook my head and jotted down my name on the paper in front of me and finally started on the assignment. "Two words? Half a word?"

   I turned my face away from him, trying to feign my eyesight.

   "Ah, give me atleast a whisper." He scooted closer to me, invading my personal space. It caused me to flinch and scoot away. I didn't like being touched. The radiation of his face was heated and his green eyes burned against the side of my face. What a weird effect. "Sorry," he mumbled silently. He must've noticed my awkward reflex when he tried to get close to me because soon enough he was back in his regular position. "You know, when I first met you, I thought you'd be the one to introduce me your name."

   I nodded nonchalantly and answered a few questions on the paper in front of me. This was so simple, it'd be for an 6th grader. Maybe even a 4th grader could answer these questions. One of the girls with a high ponytail, natural blonde hair and a face full of makeup turned around from the front of the class kept being so ridiculously irritating and kept looking at Harry. He seemed to take no notice in her but she refused to stop looking. Her eyes landed on me and they instantly narrowed.