❦ Chapter 7 - Idiots

Chapter 7

"Here's a flyer," the man with the protruding stomach handed Harry and I an orange paper. It held information for a street fair on October 21, Saturday. "Happy early Halloween, kids!" He overly dramatically said.

I rolled my eyes at the last word. The both of us walk away from the ice cream parlour, taking the flyer under consideration.

"Would you show up? The one last year was sick. Almost all of Baybridge showed up with costumes." Harry asked as he delved his tongue into his ice cream.

"Isn't that a thing for families?" I rose an eyebrow.

"That's what everyone thinks. Every year, it was always the typical wine coolers and spliff."

"What's that supposed to mean.." I shrugged.

"You can't tell me you've never showed up at a Halloween fair in fishnets and tight corset tops." I slapped his arm.

"Oh, c'mon, you showed up at my friend's house in half a shirt and a hairstyle pulled back to the point your eyes were visible. I'm saying this because I'm your friend: you've had almost every guy's attention in each room you've walked in."

I scoff.

"What was that scoff for?"

"What?"

"That scoff you just did, what was that about? What that like a *scoff* 'I'm dorky' or *scoff* 'you're not my friend'?"

"Depends which dork you're referring to here."

"So does that consider me you friend if you're questioning the presences of two dorks."

~ • ~

I began to stiffen in my seat, ready to throw my phone across the room and closed the text message in front of me.

"How exactly did the head cheerleader of Baybridge High School's cheerleaders get your number?" Harry asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I scolded him for looking at my screen as we sat in first period while working on separate sheets of paper. "Sorry," he muttered.

"She's literally up my ass about joining the cheerleading squad." I motionlessly said. "And I don't know how the hell she got my number."

"Well, for one, it's her typical innocent act she has up for the teachers." Harry said. "She's seen as an office worker. Well, seen by the head master who is as blind as a bat to even notice her lingering in there," I push the papers away from me. "She's seen your contact information in the files. She's damn good at that."

I rolled my eyes as I kept in mind to change my number. Or tell the head master to get a diffrent job.

"So is tomorrow okay?"

"Huh?"

"For the partner assignment thing, will you be able to come over to my house by then?" Harry asked.

Before I can answer, the bell had started to rung and the class was dismissed. Harry scurried out as well. "Tomorrow at 7:00!"

The hallways were always a typical motion in a typical high school movie. Everyone was in tact with their groups, everyone knew where to go and as always there were the people either ignoring or adoring my presence.

A sudden voice spoke lowly next to me. I swatted my arm around the person but my wrist were caught by a firm hold. "You can't expect to say something so bitchy to me and walk away like you're the shit." I gritted my teeth and yanked my wrist out of his hand.