Chapter 1- The Beginning

A breezy dawn,

The sunshine's on...

With the heavenly redolence of the rain kissed soil,

Time itself seems to have halted

And here I am, glued to my bed!

"Hey lazybones, time to rise and shine!" aww... why is it that my mom never seems to get tired of driving me around? Or is it a common trait amongst all mommies? Duh! Never mind.

By the way I am Aryan.

Groaning like a spoilt brat, I somehow managed to drag my feet around to get ready for the temple. After all, it was Friday.

As soon as I reached the temple, the scent of burning incense greeted me and had an instant calming effect on my worked up senses.

The entire place of worship seemed to be buzzing with a life of its own. People were busily decorating & worshipping or simply offering fruits, flowers & other stuff. But I had some other issues to deal with; so I just sat at a corner trying to communicate with him.

I had many questions in mind to which I am trying to find answers and the best person to refer is obviously god. Time up! Had to get back home but my head was still a maze of unanswered questions and so I decided to mull over it later. Alas! The climate was way too pleasant to dampen my mood and the following weekend, my friends, mostly my 2nd yr. batch mates, lugged me to my favorite actor's movie.

Dragging me back to my reality, Monday came all too quickly. As always, I slept through my blaring alarm and had to chase my bus all the way down the lane before boarding it. On the way, my glance swept across a scene that set the wheels on my head, turning. The municipality workers were sweeping the streets and feeding their little kids simultaneously. On the other hand, in a nearby bar/restaurant, the rich kids were partying lavishly since the midnight with their party stuff slipped one's mind. Abruptly, a question rose in my head; on what basis were the worldly pleasures, happiness & satisfaction classified? What gave those riches, the right to such an exuberant lifestyle, while depriving the poor of the same? However the dread of performing well at my lab internals, which I had that day, kept me from pondering any further about these questions. A few weeks later, a similar situation with two of my friends made this question spring back into my head. "Robomania" is supposedly the most awaited technical event of the year and the entire college was bracing itself for the event. my friend Goutham, who happens to be a whizkid and geeky in his own mysterious ways was looking lost in the deep sea, as the entry fee was too high for him to afford, while on the other hand, Vishal, one of the stinking rich studs of my class, was simply tagging along because his girlfriend was taking part in the events. Now this is definitely nonsensical! The same question arises- what gave Vishal the right to so much while depriving the hard-working, sincere of the same? These are petty aspects as compared to things that happens in the world. There seems to be a dominance of the darkness in many places. Why is it that the pessimists always happen to be the lucky & fortunate, while the optimists need to toil hard and earn their fruits of labor? I posed these questions to my granny, hoping to see some clear waters. Despite having all my questions answered, I wasn't convinced as there was only one conclusion- this is kaliyuga and these things can't be helped. I thought a firsthand exploration of the lives of these people would make a good start to my quest for knowledge. however God had other plans for revealing these answers to me, for a few days later, I found myself involved in the research team of a mini project and my quest was suddenly brought to a halt, only temporarily, though. Thereafter, my life assumed its usual pace, until one day, when I was flipping the channels, something suddenly seized my attention. It was an interview on the Principles of the Bhagvad Geeta...