Chapter 1 I have to go now

"Dad she's been gone for 1 week!! When will you get that through your head?! I"m going out to find her weather you like it or not!!"Claire said packing her backpack.

"Claire listen. No one ever made or makes it out of those woods. They are dangerous. Very dangerous." Claire's Dad John said while looking at the news paper. "I don't want to loose you like I lost your mother. Remember how hard it was for me to get over her death? I couldn't even think straight, it was so hard." Claire looked at her Dad for a long time.

"Dad. Piper is my best friend. She was like a sister to me. You Know what I can do. You know that I know how to use a bow.Very well." John thought long and hard about his decision.

"Ok. You can go. But bring this pepper spray and this rope. You're gonna need it." John handed Claire the supplies.

"Wow! Thanks dad! And by any chance can I bring you're first aid kit and camera?" John look at Claire as if she said she was getting married. "I want to use a camera so I can take pictures of what I see."

"W...why.....why my camera? What happen to your's?"

"Well Dad. My camera is broken. Remember? And plus your camera has a life long battery." Claire said packing more things.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Yeah I guess you could but if anything happens to it. You're grounded."