Chapter 2 Just 1 more day

"Please. Stay just 1 more day. You need to spend more time with me and your dad before you go out in the woods and almost die." Claires boyfriend jason said over the phone.

 "Jace. I wish I could but she's missing. I cant even sleep because im so worried. And I know how to use a bow and my Dad gave me pepper spray. I don't even know why. But he did." There was a long pause of silence. "Ok Jace. I'll stay one more day. That's all." Claire said happily.

 "Ok. Thank you. I get one more day with my girlfriend before she goes out into the woods to get killed." Jace said trying to lighten the mood just a little bit.

 "What time do you want me to come over? And do you want me to stop at the store for anything?" Jace asked in the sweetest voice Claire had ever heard." ummm... could you stop and get me some 5 hour energy and Advil? Oh!1 I almost forgot Claire said. "Can you stop and get me like 4 canteens? I really need them." 

 "yes. Of course" Jace said. "I would do anything for you."

"Oh! And anytime is fine." Claire said walking into her bathroom. 

"Ok. Oh I almost forgot, my aunt wanted me to tell you to be safe. And to not harm anything."

"Ok?" Claire didn't  know what Jace's aunt was thinking. But she went along with it.