part 4

Its been about two months now. I haven't seen much of that guy, I spend a lot of my time alone. I haven't really gone back to my old self and I'm too scared to talk to anyone about it. So I mostly go wandering through the forest. I don't get why the village wanted us to stay out of here. It is nice... Quiet and serene.... My favorite now a days. The night scares me the most, that's when my true feelings come out. That's when there's nothing to see or look at except the dark, so you think of the past.

My past has been hard for me. A lot of things happened. I sometimes still think that I see daddy out here in these woods. But I know it can't be him, but there's always that feeling. And it scares me. I'm not so naive anymore. I understand a lot more. Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to about these feelings, but sadly I don't. Yet somehow I still manage to smile for everyone. Put on a show for them that way no one will notice.

I was deep in thought when he called my name. "Joey."

"Huh? Oh. Yes?"

"Hi, my names Riley."

I turn around and there's a little boy there staring back at me. "Oh. Hi there Riley, how are you?"

"I'm just swell now that I've met you. I have heard a lot about you. Your really pretty. "

"Haha. Well aren't you just the little charmer, but this is a long way from the camp isn't your mommy and..... Daddy worried about you?"

"Oh, no. I don't have a mommy or daddy, only my older brother, Tyler. But he isn't around much, he's the leader. He's the one that told me all about you. But he said for me not to tell you what he has said. But you seem really nice and I'm sure you won't be mad. "

"Well Riley, I think you should listen to Tyler. And how about we start walking back the suns going down and we can't be out after dark. "

"Well, okay. But aren't you curious to know what he said. "

"Of course I'm curious. But as they say curiosity killed the cat."

"Hmm." He said, then he ran up to me and hugged me. "Thank you." He whispered.

"Oh, um.. You welcome." We started walking back he was holding my hand and it was going to be a long walk. At least 3 hours. We would have to get back just after dusk. About 45 minutes into walking he lost the bounce in his step and started falling asleep. That's pretty cute, I thought. I picked him up and started carrying him. It looks like he really needs his sleep. But by the time we got back. It wasn't pretty.