Chapter 2

Alex Pov.
"Ok class the person your sitting next to right now will be your partner for the rest of the year. You guys will share Jornals and other works we do together. Also we have a beginning of the year partner assignment I want a love letter or poem. It will be due tomorrow." Mr. Spencer said as he walked in. After a few groans he continued.

"Today we are going to write words, thoughts, and/or poems that have meaning to them. Start writing then exchange papers." He spoke as he sat down at his desk.

I sighed and began to write my feeling on the paper. After a few minutes I exchanged paper with Avery. Her paper read:
Her eyes have me hypnotized. She smells like vanilla with a slight hint of cherry. The way she moves when she talks and the way she acts are making me fall. Could this be the start of something beautiful or tragic. What would happen if I told her that her life would be different from now on. The fact that she is destined to be mine as I'm hers makes this unreal. Could my name scare her away. I could be her knight in shiny armor. I will be their forever and always.
From- Your Knight.

Then I watched her read mine which said:
I never felt these feelings. I'm scared to screw up something. I feel a connection...Like we are ment to be and do things in this world together. Truth is its because of these feeling that I'm running. Could someone else be able to give me these feelings? I can tell we are from the same world the upper class, but my parents barely see me nor do I want them to. What if I screw up something that could be... I'm not beautiful. She's a goddess. I'm scared of what I'm feeling, but at the same time it feels so right.

She then turned to me and looked at me. We just stared at each other. She was in deep thought until she spoke.

"Your a goddess and you don't even see it. Your the most beautiful person I've ever meet. All you have to do is take a leap of faith."

"Easier said than done. The only persons I have ever felt anything towards would be my three friends." As I said this a hiss came out of her mouth. Then the bell rang to get to our next class.

"Well my princess shall we go to our next class?"

"I think that would be a lovely idea." I spoke as I started to pack my bag then as I went to pick it up Avery took it into her hands.

" I will be carrying my princess's bag for her." She then took my hand in hers and led me out of the class.

   People were staring at us as we walked towards our next class. I mean people always looked at me since I was in the popular group, but not this many people. Avery glared at them and they all looked away. Wow... Why was basically everyone in this school staring at us.

   Then I noticed my hand in hers I tired to move my hand away but she just squeezed it harder. I then sighed and rest my head on her shoulder as we walked hand to hand to Art class.

   When we arrived everyone looked our way. Avery led us to the backside of the room and we sat at a table big enough for four people. No one during that whole class came to sit by us. This is weird I'll have to ask Avery about it later.

   "You just asked me sweetheart." I blushed forgetting she can hear me.

   "Ok so why is everybody in the school looking at us."

   "I'll explain after this class. Your going to ditch third period with me." She spoke with authority.

   "Fine but I want some answers then."

   "Well I had to make sure you wouldn't run away first. I believe our connection is a strong one."

The teacher told us that we need to pick a partner and paint something on the canvas that we were given. This project will be due a week from today. Instead of working on the painting Avery decided that we should leave class early.

"Ok good luck. There no way in hell she's gonna let us leave early. I'll like to see you try." I whispered to her sarcastically and slightly amused. Just as I finished she started walking up to the front of class towards the teachers desk.

"Don't worry babe, I got this." She winked at me as she got to the teachers desk. Avery started talking to Mrs.K then Avery pointed her thumb to me and they both looked at me. Mrs.K then turned back to Avery and asked something and Avery nodded her head in response. Mrs.K then vigorously nodded her head saying a really"Of course go ahead dear." I let out a low hiss when she gently touched Avery shoulders.

Avery then sauntered back over to me with a smirk plastered on her face. She grabbed my bag then kissed my cheek.

"I told you so, babe. Oh and was that a hiss I heard a minute ago." She stated innocently while grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers together.

"I don't know what your talking about... Hey how you get her to let us leave?" I spoke while trying to change the subject.

"You'll see real soon. "

She then took me to a black smooth car and opened the door for me to get in. Normally I wouldn't get into cars with people I just met, but she's different I would trust her with my life. I feel safe with her and I can trust her. With that thought I smiled and got into the car.

It looked like we were driving somewhere, but I had no idea where. The ride was silent yet comfortable.

"Do you trust me Alex?" She spoke out of nowhere, but I already knew the answer to that question.

"I do Avery, I would trust you with my life." I told her honestly and she nodded her head in response. The car then went back into a comfortable silence until Avery spoke a few seconds later.

"Will you go somewhere with me?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Where?"

"Just if I'd asked you to go somewhere would you go with me."

I thought about this for a second. Even though I just met her without a doubt I would go anywhere with her. I mean she's my...my mate. Omg my mate. I looked at her thought I would do anything for you.

"Yes I would." When I said this she let out a sigh of relief.

"Ok then." She responded and continued to drive.