VIII

The shop was busy all day, barely leaving me time to escape back to my thoughts. But that still didn't keep me from being a worried wreck.

"What color did you want again?" I asked a customer, holding what seemed like 20 carnations in my hands.

"Pink." The little girl bashfully smiled, picking it out of the bunch. I gave her a warm smile and placed the rest down.

She skipped toward the register and I followed close behind. She was so happy and innocent, I wish I could be like that.

"Who is this for?" I kneeled down to be eye level with her and sweetly smiled.

"My mommy." She giggled happily.

"I'm sure she'll love it." I said, as I took her hand and led her over to the register. She skipped over next to me and then quickly peeked over the counter.

"That boy's staring at you." She whispered secretively, jumping up and down a little. I quickly glanced up to see who she was talking about, and to my surprise Corey was there by the front of the store. My hands began to shake a little, but I managed to regain control of them.

"Oh is he? That's strange." I said, wrapping the flowers for her. She quickly pulled them from my hands and smiled.

"He's a cutie." The little girl said, as she skipped away over to her father. I continued on with my business as if I hadn't seen Corey, but it was too late.

"Hey, Aurora." He quietly muttered as he came over to me.

"Oh, hi Corey." A blush rose to my cheeks, and I turned away praying he couldn't see.

"I'm sorry for yesterday." He quickly said. I turned to look at him, his face blushed worse than mine.

"You, sorry? For what? It's me who should apologize for running out."

"But the flowers? You didn't find that weird?"

"No, sweet actually." I laughed, his expression quickly relaxing.

He looked down at his hands and twiddle his thumbs, not knowing what to say. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for what he would say next. Corey glanced back up at me, slight surprise in his eyes that I was still standing there.

"Would you let me take you out to dinner tomorrow night?" He said, stuttering on some words. My blush ferociously came back to my cheeks, my heart fluttering.

"I would love to."

sorry for not updating sooner guys I've been so busy!!