chapter 3

"Abby!"

Abigail stopped on her tracks and turned around, Chelsie was frantically chasing after her with an arm full of books.

School had ended in St. Mary's All Girls School. Abigail was just on her way out but Chelsie's calling stop her.

"Hey Chels." Abby greeted and smiled at her. Chelsie just gave her a look and Abby blinked at her. "What?"

"You totally ditched me! Did you forget what I told you during lunch?!" Chelsie glared at Abby, slightly disappointed in her.

Abby was confused for a moment until she recalled back her memory.

"OH!" Abby hollered when she finally remembered. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Chels! I literally forgot about it!"

"Yeah yeah! Excuses excuses!" Chelsie rolled her eyes and huffed loudly, crossing her arms together.

Abby just went over to her side and grab her arm, "I'm really sorry Chels..." She apologize softly.

Chels gave her no response and just stayed in an annoyed state, she didn't even look at Abby.

Abby felt bad and nudged her using her body, "Chelsieeee~" She started to cooed her name out, hoping Chelsie would give in.

But Chelsie had a blank face on, unamused by it. Abby's cooing did not worl on her.

Abby just sighed, "Okay will you forgive me if I had an explanation?"

Chelsie finally moved as she turned to Abby, staring at her for a moment then nodded her head.

"Whew! Finally!" Abby sighed in relief. "I want words of honesty. Not big fat liars, got it?!" Chelsie demanded and Abby nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"Okay. So what is sooo important than helping out your best friend at the library huh?!" Chelsie asked in a hard tone, speaking every word loud and clear.

Abby felt guilty and sighed. "Okay, I admit. I screwed up with my memory..."

"Hell yeah you did! I stood in the library waiting for an hour for you! And you never showed up!" Chelsie bursted and Abby just winced at her words.

She felt terrible and could only apologize profusely.

"Well, it's because I got a text during last period. And I just, ermm... forgot about our meeting..." Abby explained while stammering.

"WHAT?!"

Chelsie gaped at Abby. "You meant to tell me you ditch me for an hour because of some silly text message?!"

"It's not just a silly text message!" Abby snapped back at her which surprised Chelsie. Abby realized what she had just said and flushed in embarrassment. 

*I can't believe I just compare my best friend to a text message! Gosh Abigail!* 

Chelsie was perplexed by her best friend's priority but a thought came in her mind. Her expression changed from a surprised face to a sly grin. 

Abby noticed it and gave her a questioning look.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Abby asked. Chelsie only smirked and leaned in closer, "I think I know what this is about." She chided in a playful tone which made Abby anxious.

"W-What do you know?" Abby stammered.

"The only thing that could come in my head is just a three letter word." Chelsie thoughtfully tapped her chin as she gazed up in the sky and back at Abby. "Do you know the 3 letter word, Abigail?"