chapter 1

Abigail came out of the shower humming herself the tune of her favorite song, I Need U by BTS.

She had a towel on wrapped around her black hair, she wore a white T and comfortable shorts. Abigail sat down on her blue spinning chair and started typing onto the keyboard.

Her eyes were focused on the words and she stayed quiet after she pressed enter, a sound beeped back and a smile was spread across her face.

She was having a conversation with him. A guy he met through a 2D game, what started as friends slowly turned into a crush, Abigail had deep feelings for him. Even though she never met him, saw his face or heard his voice, she felt like she knew him already.

His kindness, his messages, his comforting words, even his 2D character presence gave her life in her dull world. She really like him and she knew it already.

But Abigail was shy, she didn't want to admit it and just kept quiet about it. Keeping their relationship as friends not wanting to ruin it, she was happy like this.

A message beeped again and Abigail read it.

"How about you? How was school?"

Her mind went blank for a second and her eyes softened, her fingers ran over the keyboard and she pressed enter.

"It was normal. I talked to Chelsie and hang with my friends. Teachers are just confusing and my add maths is dieing..."

She waited for his response, it took him about a minute for him to respond.

"I'm bad at add maths too. Always got terrible grades."

"You got C and D?"

She pressed 'Enter' and waited. He replied in a second and Abigail snorted then chuckled. "You call that bad?" She whispered to herself and replied him.

"If that's 'terrible grades', what are my mine called then?"

"Yours is called..."

She waited. Anxious.

"... too terrible that it can't even fit in the terrible category."

Abigail's eyes widened in surprise and she typed furiously onto the keyboard and replied immediately.

"WOW. THAT'S SO RUDE! I'M A STRAIGHT A STUDENT!"

He replied. "HAHAHA! JK :P"

With that, Abigail's anger magically vanished and she smiled at the screen. The guy added another message.

"Don't be mad. I was just joking."

She sighed and smiled again, she felt her heart beat a little, the butterflies fluttered on the insides of her stomach.

"Silly, how could I be mad at you." She whispered to herself and typed a message to him.

"Alright. I forgive you :P"

":D"

"ABBBY!!!" A voice boomed from below and Abigail jumped out of her chair, shhe ran towards her bedroom door and twist it open.

"YES??"

"ARE YOU STUDYING?!" It was her mother and Abigail just cleared her throat, "Yea..."

"I'M COMING UP!" Her mom respond and she panicked. "NO MOM IM REALLY STUDYING!"

"STILL COMING UP!"

"Shit." She whispered to herself and slammed the door shut, she ran towards her laptop and ran her fingers furiously onto the keyboard and jammed her finger on the 'Enter' button.

Her mom arrived just when she had closed her laptop and flipped open a random book she grabbed on her bookshelf.

"ABBY!" Her mom entered her room and eyed her, Abigail just nodded. "See. I'm studying." She lifted up her book for her mom to see.

Her mom just eyed the book and frowned. "Why is it upside down?"

Abigail turn to it and immediately fumbled with it, turning it. She smiled at her mom when she was done flipping it over.

Her mom just nodded and eyed her room, "Huh... Guess you didn't lie to me this time."

Abigail just nodded. "Yep, I won't disobeu you mom."

Her mom nodded and left her room. Just as the door close shut, Abby sighed in relief and got up, placing the book next to her laptop.

She went to the side of her bed and planted herself on it, her back falling flat on it, her hands reached out to the side of her bed where a tiny table lamp was placed, she grabbed for a flat device.

Her smartphone, she turned it on and just like she predicted, his message was the first one that caught her eye.

"WHERE DID YOU GO?! DID YOU DCED?! (Disconnected)"

She couldn't help but chuckle at herself. She typed back a response and smiled.

"I'm sorry. My mom came up to check up on me. So I had to shut off the laptop. You know how serious she is with my grades."

A minute later, a response came.

"Awww. I understand, my dad is like that. Parents ask for too much. Ever feel like you have no freedom?"

Abigail typed back.

"Yeah. You felt that way too?"

"Yeah. Everyday I am literally ordered around and controlled by him."

Abigail paused awhile, pitying him. She was about to type back a cheer up response but he was faster than her.

"But then I think of you and I'm alright again."

Abigail shut her phone screen immediately and dropped it on her bed, she buried herself into her pillow and squealed. She felt her body heating up and her heartbeat fastened.

*Damn you! Why do you have to be so cute?!*