Chapter One

It had been a lengthy night of dancing and vocalizing for Gaga. After her concert and meet and greet with fans backstage, she was exhausted. She admired every person at the venue, most of them dressed up and ready to party just like her. The party was almost over though, and she needed to rest.

Gaga retreated into her dressing room and headed to the vanity to grab her purse. She sat down on the hot pink loveseat on the opposite side of the room. Gaga fished through the designer bag on her lap. She wasn't looking for her keys, her wallet, or her compact mirror. So close to finding what she needed, someone knocked on her door and interrupted.

"Hold on just a second!"

Gaga took off her black studded leather jacket, oversized Iron Maiden shirt, and fishnet tights. She put on the Egyptian silk robe she was already supposed to be in, and put her hair up in a messy bun. She tossed her previous outfit on the top edge of the lit vanity mirror. She walked over to the door and turned the glittery silver door knob.

It was a security guard.

"We're going to need you to stay in this area until we verify that everything is clear, alright? Just sit tight, you've got everything you need, don't you?"

She nodded her head and gave him a thumbs-up.

"Everything's well. Thank you for letting me know! I would've been dead meat," she teased, giving him a small punch on the arm. He chuckled and told her goodbye, closed the door, and began speaking into his radio device just outside the door.

Gaga returned to her loveseat. She took her purse and put it back into her lap, finally retrieving her dull yellow bottle of pain medicine. Although she wasn't usually allowed to take her prescriptions without permission while on tour, she wasn't going to ask this time. It was her right as a human being, and she decided to take advantage of that. Just as she popped a white pill into her mouth, an envelope slid under the door.

She swallowed the pill and zipped up her bag, placing it on the floor next to her feet.
There was no knock on the door, which made her wonder. Nonetheless, she was safe in the room, so she walked over and bent down to grab the note on the ground, heading over to the vanity to read it under the light. She slid her finger underneath the seal to break it, and then she pulled out a white sheet of paper folded in thirds. Gaga unfolded it, and there was nothing on it except a colored in, red drawing of a heart shape in the bottom left corner.

"That's odd," she whispered, folding the note back up and closing the envelope. She searched through a pile of makeup, and at the bottom, she found her radio.

"Can I get someone to come to my dressing room? This is Stefani."

"On my way, thanks for the alert, Gaga. Anything wrong?"

The man that had previously guarded her room spoke curiously, and quietly into the headset he had just put on.

"I just got a weird note, and there's nothing but a heart on it. I wanted to dismiss it but it's creepy," she shrugged.

"I'll come check it out for you. Everything seems to be clear, but don't unlock your door yet. The code word I'll use is..."

He paused and thought for a moment.

"Firework."

Gaga made a pouty face and laughed.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

The security guard began to chuckle.

"See you in a minute."

She put the radio down and sighed. Gaga didn't want to wait in the room, but she had to. She pulled out her phone and searched for her husband, Taylor, in her contacts. She was interrupted during the process as another note slid under the door. There were no footsteps.

"This is," she cursed, "weird."

She pulled her robe back onto her left shoulder and stood up. Just as she grabbed the note, the security guard knocked at the door and made her jump. She threw the door open and shouted, "I don't know who the f-"

The man's eyes were wide open as if someone has taped his eyelids to his forehead.

"Oh it's you," she sighed.

"Sorry," she shrugged and looked the the floor.

She hid the letter behind her back and pointed at the vanity.

"It's on the corner."

"Is everything okay, Gaga? You look like something's wrong," he began to walk slowly toward the desk.

"I bet it was you," she spoke firmly, but in a calm manner.

"What was me?"

He picked up the envelope just as Gaga had, and pulled out the paper. He unfolded it and furrowed his brow.

"This one."

She held up the new letter with one hand and pointed at it with the other. She then tucked strands of her black hair behind her left ear. Gaga broke the seal and pulled out the letter, throwing the envelope on the floor and unfolding a very similar white piece of paper to the first.

"It even says 'Firework' on it, David. Signed with the same little heart. Funny joke," she grinned, tossing the letter over at him.

"I didn't do it. It wasn't me, I swear. I swear on my job," he exclaimed. Gaga knew he was serious, he never swore on the things that meant most to him.

"Well then who was it, and why is that one blank?"

David shrugged.

"Only God knows, but I'll take them and get a closer look if you want me to."

Gaga bent down and picked up the envelope previously thrown in the floor.

"Alright, take it, ya' cop."

He looked over at her, smiled, and grabbed the letters.

"I'm gonna' go meet up with my kids and Taylor, since they're in the area tonight. Thank you for everything."

"You'll need an escort, but you're welcome. I hope everything turns out. I'll call when I figure out who did it," he said, pulling his keys out of his pocket.

David left. Gaga put on a white satin dress, and even though she didn't have to, folded and put up all of the clothes she wore that night and packed them back up.

After three months of touring, Gaga was longing to see her husband, son, and daughter again. She used Skype to speak with them every night, but it wasn't the same. Tonight's the night, she thought and smiled to herself.

=================================

Here's a new one for you all! I hope you like it. This story is an exchange for NotRachel's new story Life In Malibu. Check it out. It's amazing so far, and she's going to try and update often! She won't leave y'all hanging as much as I do (oops). Love you guys!